Laboratory Processing Associate - Tuesday - Friday, 2:30pm - 1:00am shift
Summary of Major Responsibilities
Our vision at Exact Sciences is an unparalleled commitment to help win the war on cancer through early detection. We are currently hiring entry-level Laboratory Processing Associates (known internally as Specimen Processing Associates) to help us achieve this mission. With a focus on professional development and cross-functional teamwork, this career at Exact Sciences could provide you with a launch pad to grow your career both within the lab and other internal departments, develop your professional skills, and provide you with a sense of job satisfaction. Feel good about the work you are doing and the impact you are playing on patient’s lives and in early cancer detection.
The Specimen Processing (SP) Associate is responsible for the receipt, accessioning, processing, and storage of patient samples received into the lab. The SP Associate performs the functions of specimen processor under the guided direction of the Specimen Processing Supervisor. The Specimen Processing Associate will follow all laboratory policies and procedures and maintain accurate data reporting practices to ensure consistent and diligent execution of specimen processing.
The shift for this position is Tuesday - Friday from 2:30 PM - 1:00 AM.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reports to work on time and follows attendance guidelines.
- Conducts all assigned job duties in a timely and productive manner.
- Follows proper specimen identification procedures in the execution of all job duties.
- Performs all job duties according to laboratory policies and procedures.
- Handles and disposes of all specimen following universal precautions and applicable safety policies.
- Accessions and processes laboratory specimen with emphasis on accuracy, timeliness, completeness and compliance.
- Helps to manage specimen storage and retention according to laboratory policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the timely removal of processing waste from the Exact Sciences Clinical laboratory to applicable disposal locations.
- Responsible for supply inventory and supply stocking. Performs basic maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Ability to perform all essential responsibilities of the Specimen Processing Associate position and perform them as directed.
- Meets standards for production and accuracy within 6 months of in shift date.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Mandatory Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to accurately follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to type 35/wpm.
- Demonstrated basic understanding of laboratory terminology and equipment.
- Ability to focus on detail and perform repetitive tasks.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff through both verbal and written communications.
Necessary Education & Experience
- Must be 18 years of age or older and legally authorized to work in the United States.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Disciplined and reliable; able to stay focused on a task and work independently; motivated to perform quality work; diligent about arriving to work on time and completing tasks that are assigned in a timely manner.
- Possess a positive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and build strong working relationships with peers at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in a team environment and adapt to changing workload and circumstances effectively; able to respond to new information quickly.
- Strong attention to detail and focus on quality output.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Ability to lift and move 20-40 pounds on an occasional basis (up to 25% of time).
- Ability to stand, walk, bend and reach on a frequent basis (up to 50% of time).
- Ability to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb and forefinger; turn with hand/arm; reach above shoulder height.
- Position requires work in normal laboratory environment. Personal protective equipment is required while working in the laboratory.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Back to top