Laboratory Order Specialist Lead
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Lead Laboratory Order Specialist is responsible for the daily activities of the Laboratory Order Entry Team. This will entail continuous process improvement as well as the ongoing development of each Laboratory Order Specialist team member assigned to their respective shift. The Lead Laboratory Order Specialist will provide “on the spot” coaching when needed as well as continuously communicating the daily goals to the members of their shift. The Lead Laboratory Order Specialist is expected to provide a weekly report providing the status of any Laboratory Order Specialist staff who are not meeting team standards/metrics. The Lead Laboratory Order Specialist is THE POC (Point of Contact) to the team and associated work sections throughout Exact Sciences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review individual metrics and monitor daily performance of staff.
- Drive operational excellence of order entry, including process flow, data integrity, information alignment and continual process improvement.
- Drive the process of timely and accurate order processing to maintain Order Turn-around Time.
- Liaison between other functional areas within Exact Sciences Laboratories.
- Coach/mentor team members to increase productivity.
- Review / monitor individual member progress utilizing the Tableau Order Entry dashboard.
- Review OCR folders so you have awareness of sort activities
Mandatory Skills & Qualifications:
- Proficient in computer systems and keyboarding skills.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail and focus on quality output.
- Excellent problem solving abilities and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff through both verbal and written communications.
- Ability to work in a team environment and adapt to changing workload and circumstances effectively; able to respond to new information quickly.
- Disciplined, self-motivated & reliable; able to stay focused on a task and work independently; motivated to perform quality work; diligent about arriving to work on time and completing tasks that are assigned in a timely man
- Professionalism: conducts themselves in a professional manner in all interactions with members of the Exact Sciences Clinical Laboratory team, clients and associates.
- Possess a positive attitude.
Necessary Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or GED. Some college course work preferred but not required.
- Two or more years of experience in a position with responsibility for directly or indirectly leading a team of associates.
- Demonstrated experience handling escalated issues and complex problems.
- Demonstrated experience working in a customer service/data entry environment specialized in providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Experience using Microsoft Suite.
- Previous work in a laboratory/health care environment is preferred.
- Desired knowledge of medical terminology and medical billing and insurance terms.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Ability to listen and speak on the telephone and write simultaneously.
- Ability to operate telephone system and computer keyboard and printer.
- Ability to lift and move 20-40 pounds on an occasional basis (up to 25% of time).
- Ability to stand, walk, bend and reach on a regular basis (standing ~50% of time; sitting ~50% of time).
- Ability to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb and forefinger; turn with hand/arm; reach above shoulder height.
- Position occasionally may require work in a normal laboratory environment. When the need arises, personal protective equipment is required while working in the laboratory.
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. The Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Exact Sciences, or if you may require a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call our Recruitment Coordinator at 608-535-8841 or email [email protected].
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
Senior Manager, Accounting
As Senior Manager of Accounting for Exact Science’s Finance Team, Ashley’s main responsibilities are external financial reporting, maintaining a sound internal control structure, and administering the company’s stock plans.
Back to top