Laboratory Information Management Supervisor
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Laboratory Information Management Supervisor is responsible for leading the team which provides support to the functional groups making up the Customer Care Center. These functional groups include, but are not limited to the Revenue Cycle, Implementation, Order Entry, and Contact Center teams. In this leadership role, the supervisor will follow all laboratory, Information Management and Customer Care Center procedures and policies, maintain accurate data reporting and ensure support is provided when escalations arise that create barriers for Exact Labs to provide consistent and diligent execution of specimen processing, testing and timely generation of patient results. The Laboratory Information Management Supervisor supports the mission and vision of Exact Labs and strives to provide World Class Service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the timely investigation and resolution of test order issue(s), results issues and physician enrollment issue(s) for Exact Labs to facilitate timely and accurate specimen collection, specimen processing, specimen testing and reporting of results.
- Identify and document system issues and work cross functionally to achieve problem resolution and future system enhancements.
- Interact with departmental and other staff on matters affecting data and data integrity as needed and makes recommendations for improvements to job processes.
- Organize and assign work priorities by effectively directing workflow and managing available team resources.
- Responsible for the work quantity of the Lab Information Management team to meet or exceed established quality metrics.
- Maintain accurate records of problems and problem resolution related to test ordering, results and physician enrollment.
- Take an active role in the interviewing and hiring process for all members of the team.
- Lead as well as take an active role in projects and initiatives including but not limited to quality improvement, process improvement, safety audits, document development, and implementation of new policies.
- Provide support during inspections and audits.
- Provide on-going coaching and mentorship to all members of the department to ensure that a consistent level of support for the team is communicated and maintained.
- Identify and respond to employee performance issues including but not limited productivity issues and or trends and as needed, in accordance with Exact Labs policy.
- As needed, in accordance with Exact Labs policy, prepare and conduct employee counseling and corrective action plans.
- Responsible for completion of periodic performance reviews for all departmental staff.
- Identify additional training needs and resource requirements as needed.
- Responsible for oversight of the results auditing process and follwo up required for any findings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Mandatory Skills & Qualifications
- Must be 18 years of age or older and legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively manage and motivate staff members at all levels and work effectively through influence and collaboration.
- Demonstrated knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Knowledge of laboratory operations including implementation, training and performance monitoring.
- Working knowledge of laboratory industry practices and regulations including but not limited to HIPAA, CLIA, CAP, other state and regulatory agencies as applicable and quality assurance practices.
- Possess a positive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and build strong working relationships with internal clients and key stakeholders as well as peers at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in a team environment and adapt to changing workload and circumstances effectively; able to respond to new information quickly.
- Professionalism: conducts themselves in a professional manner in all interactions with members of the Exact Sciences Clinical Laboratory team, clients and associates.
Necessary Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Sciences or business or equivalent business experience.
- Demonstrated experience working in a customer service environment specialized in providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail and focus on quality output.
- Experience with Microsoft® Dynamics CRM and laboratory information and data entry systems.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Ability to lift and move 20-40 pounds on an occasional basis (up to 25% of time).
- Ability to stand, walk, bend and reach on a regular basis (standing up to~50% of time; sitting up to ~50% of time).
- Ability to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb and forefinger; turn with hand/arm; reach above shoulder height.
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. The Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
Customer Care Specialist
Marco assists customers with Cologuard and guides patients through the process of using the product.
Back to top