Lab Service Technician II
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Laboratory Service Technician II is responsible for the commissioning and ongoing service for all clinical laboratory equipment and instrumentation. Primary service responsibilities include installation, calibration, maintenance, and repair of clinical laboratory equipment. This includes but is not limited to shakers, centrifuges, refrigerators, and balances. The individual in this role will continuously work with service colleagues and the clinical laboratory team to ensure proper instrument function and troubleshoot any system concerns.
Shift for this role is 8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Commission new clinical laboratory equipment (e.g. centrifuges, shakers, etc.)
- Coordinate and/or perform instrument installations and qualifications per service policies.
- Perform preventative maintenance (PM) and calibration activities for laboratory equipment.
- Oversee and coordinate the calibration and/or service with vendors, if appropriate. Ensure proper level of service delivery.
- Perform troubleshooting activities and provide Level 1 repair service. Coordinate with vendors to address escalated service concerns.
- Provide ongoing document support to address changes to service requirements.
- Assist in training of new Service Technicians. Provide assistance and mentorship to new Service Technicians.
- Recommend and implement changes to ensure ongoing high quality performance of laboratory equipment.
- Perform all service activities in compliance with all relevant safety and regulatory bodies (e.g. OSHA, CLIA, etc.)
- Track all service activities utilizing system(s) developed in accordance with service policies and procedures. Ensure all service documentation is complete, timely, and accurate following Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
Mandatory Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Computer proficiency in MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel
- Adaptable, open to change and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information and unexpected circumstances.
- Ability to work as a team and independently with self-motivation.
- Ability to employ gross motor and fine motor skills during the installation, servicing, and maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Ability to respond to occasional emergency situation on evenings or weekends.
Necessary Education & Experience:
- High school degree or GED.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience servicing similar equipment.
- Experience working within a regulated environment.
- Experience documenting and tracking service activities.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in technology, electronics, engineering technology, molecular biology, or a related field preferred.
- Working knowledge of clinical laboratory service operations and activities.
- Demonstrated ability to plan workload, allocate tasks and scale operations to align with business priorities.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Ability to lift, carry, or otherwise move up to 60lbs.
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. The Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Exact Sciences, or if you may require a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call our Recruitment Coordinator at 608-535-8841 or email [email protected].
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
Senior Manager, Accounting
As Senior Manager of Accounting for Exact Science’s Finance Team, Ashley’s main responsibilities are external financial reporting, maintaining a sound internal control structure, and administering the company’s stock plans.
Back to top