Lab Service Engineer II - all shifts
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Lab Service Engineer II is responsible for the commissioning and ongoing service for all clinical laboratory equipment and instrumentation. Primary service responsibilities include installation, calibration, maintenance, and repair of all clinical laboratory equipment. This includes both simple (e.g. shakers) and complex instrumentation (e.g. liquid handling robotics). The individual in this role will continuously work with other Lab Service Engineers (LSE) and the clinical laboratory team to ensure proper instrument function and troubleshoot any system concerns. Responsible for special projects as assigned.
Shift options include:
1pm- 10pm, Mon-Fri or Tue-Sat
3pm-12am, Mon-Fri or Tue-Sat
6am-3pm, Mon-Fri or Tue-Sat
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Commission new clinical laboratory equipment (e.g. centrifuges, liquid handling robots, shakers, etc.)
- Coordinate and/or perform instrument installations and qualifications per service policies.
- Maintain program for preventative maintenance (PM) and calibration of all laboratory equipment.
- Perform troubleshooting activities and provide Level 2 service. Coordinate with vendors to address escalated service concerns.
- Responsible for special projects as assigned by service leader(s).
- Travel may be required for training or to assist partner laboratories in service activities.
- Provide ongoing document support to address changes to service requirements.
- Assist in training of new Lab Service Engineers (LSE). Provide assistance and mentorship to LSE I.
- Provide feedback to Lab Service Lead on LSE I performance and process improvements.
- Recommend and implement changes to ensure ongoing high quality performance of laboratory equipment.
- Perform all service activities in compliance with all relevant safety and regulatory bodies (e.g. OSHA, CLIA, etc).
- Maintain and continuously develop personal knowledge and expertise related to the service of complex clinical laboratory equipment.
- Track all service activities utilizing system(s) developed in accordance with service policies and procedures. Ensure all service documentation is complete, timely, and accurate following Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
Mandatory Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Adaptable, open to change and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information and unexpected circumstances.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills including the ability to easily convey concepts and priorities as well as ability to solicit feedback and inputs.
- Ability to employ gross motor and fine motor skills during the installation, servicing, and maintenance of laboratory equipment. Standing/sitting for extended periods of time may be required.
- Maintain a high degree of approachability with all levels of management.
- Ability to maintain good team building, mentoring, and motivational skills.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time via car and air. Some overnight travel, on-call and shift changes may be required.
Necessary Education & Experience:
- Associates degree in technology, electronics, molecular biology, or related field required.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience or equivalent job experience servicing laboratory equipment.
- Experience working within a regulated environment.
- Experience documenting and tracking service activities.
- Experience loading and/or updating instrument software.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering technology, molecular biology, or a related field preferred.
- Working knowledge of clinical laboratory service operations and activities.
- Experience in the maintenance and repair of complex laboratory equipment such as liquid handling robots.
- Demonstrated ability to plan workload, allocate tasks and scale operations to align with business priorities.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Ability to lift, carry, or otherwise move up to 40lbs.
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. The Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
Senior Manager, Accounting
As Senior Manager of Accounting for Exact Science’s Finance Team, Ashley’s main responsibilities are external financial reporting, maintaining a sound internal control structure, and administering the company’s stock plans.
Back to top