IT Quality/Business Analyst
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The IT Quality/Business Analyst is a member of the IT Quality Team. This role fulfills both the business analyst and quality analyst roles for applications and systems development. The Quality/Business Analyst contributes to shaping technology demands and driving quality among the Exact Sciences business community.
The quality/business analyst acts as an intermediary between IT project teams and business partners to define, analyze, and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design (using appropriate tools and models) from which applications and solutions are developed. This role functions as the stakeholder and user advocates by understanding their requirements, by representing their interests when working with the implementation teams, and by executing the test strategy to provide objective evidence that system and application requirements are met. This role is hands-on and requires strategic thinking and planning to ensure all requirements are met for overall quality of the intended solutions both functionally and technically.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains on-going relationships with business partners to drive satisfaction with IT.
- Works to elicit high-level requirements and capture business needs through dialogue with business partners.
- Clearly articulates and documents business requirements.
- Translates business requirements into functional requirements utilizing a structured process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing change).
- Maintains project requirements according to requirements management plan.
- Supports applications and solutions delivery by participating in design reviews and walk-throughs to communicate requirements and validate proposed solutions.
- Reviews product design documentation to ensure that requirements are correct, unambiguous, and verifiable.
- Assists in generating use cases/user stories to ensure that all functional requirements are captured.
- Assesses the risks of various solutions.
- Recommends solutions based on cost vs benefit analysis.
- Develops and executes test plans.
- Plans and supports user acceptance testing and user training.
- Creates documentation to describe program evaluation, testing, correction, and objective evidence of meeting requirements.
- Ensures all prerequisite tasks are complete and ready for deployment.
- Provides Level 3 systems and applications support.
- Participates in system and data triage as necessary.
- Monitors program performance after implementation to prevent reoccurrence of program operating problems and ensure efficiency of operation.
- Proactively provides process improvement recommendations within a quickly evolving company.
- Proactively resolves customer satisfaction issues.
- Works with outside vendors to deliver solutions.
- Conducts compatibility tests with vendor and non-vendor-provided programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Computer Science/MIS, science, healthcare-related science, or other degree in combination with relevant work experience.
- One (1) or more years of experience in a hands-on technical role supporting laboratory order management systems through systems development, systems implementation, quality assurance, or similar experience.
- Two (2) or more years of professional work experience interfacing with customers directly and problem solving
- Strong analytical skills, prioritization skills, business intuition, and organizational ability.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to operate in a cross cultural and complex matrix environment, and ability to build consensus across functions.
- Adaptable, open to change and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information or unexpected circumstances.
- Demonstrated capacity for decision making in complex scenarios and for holding one-self and others accountable to those decisions.
- Experience working as business analyst, quality analyst, or product owner on technology development projects.
- Experience working under SDLC or other software-specific project management process.
- Experience with User Centered Design.
- Experience working with laboratory order cycle management, revenue cycle management, or healthcare engagement and communication systems.
- Fast and enthusiastic learner.
- Ability to work in an office setting, operate telephony devices, and a computer.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Back to top