IT Project Manager
Summary of Major Responsibilities
Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of corporate projects to ensure that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Ensures that project goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Manage execution of the project:
- Lead project team to accomplish project goals.
- Act as a problem solver to drive decisions.
- Consult with management, and review project proposals to determine goals, time frame, funding limitations, and procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of resources.
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones and required tasks.
- Prepare status reports, and modify schedules and plans as required.
- Keep management, team, and business areas informed of project status and related issues.
- Coordinate and respond to requests for changes from original specifications.
- Monitor project results against specifications.
- Develop quality assurance test plans.
- Direct quality assurance testing.
- Follow established project management practices, including management of scope, requirements, issues, and risks.
- Create MS Project schedule, and utilize the schedule to communicate and manage the work.
- Manage project budget.
- Ensure that all required project management deliverables are created and accurate.
- Prepare project for governance gate approvals.
Manage team resources:
- Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle.
- Plan team resource needs; allocate, supervise and review work.
- Collaborate with other project and program managers to manage project interdependencies.
- Coordinate recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure that the project progresses on schedule and within budget.
- Assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority to project personnel.
Manage expectations of the sponsors and executive team:
- Establish positive working relationships with stakeholders and team members.
- Engage internal business resources to understand business objectives and to translate into delivery plans.
- Understand how leveraged applications provide competitive advantage.
- Develop and gain agreement with stakeholders on project plans and budgets.
- Communicate plans, status, and issues to higher levels of management.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering, or a related discipline with an information technology focus.
- Five to ten years of progressive, broad-based information systems and business experience.
- Demonstrated leadership of high-performance work teams/groups.
- Experience with implementation of new technology.
- Demonstrated competency in project management and simultaneous execution of multiple projects.
- Experience in providing leadership to sub workgroups within a project.
- Two or more years of business unit experience, with sensitivity and commitment to business problem solving.
- Strong management skills.
- Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking, with strong abilities in relationship management.
- Effective knowledge and application of leadership competencies (to navigate middle-management ranks): especially oral and written communications, influence and persuasion, results orientation, facilitation, and teamwork.
- Appetite to learn; general business acumen.
- Ability to understand and ethically navigate the organizational dynamics and company culture, so as to produce project/business by influencing key stakeholders.
- PMI Project Management Certification.
- Demonstrated experience in conceptualizing, documenting, and presenting/selling creative solutions to senior management.
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time and up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to travel (by land and air), both domestically and internationally, on occasion.
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees, customers, and vendors in person, via the telephone or by email.
- Constant walking or motion to coordinate work and interact with co-workers.
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. The Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
As a research scientist on the Product Development Team, Brenda’s core responsibilities revolve around new pipeline projects and process improvements to Exact Sciences’ Cologuard tests.
Back to top