Summary of Major Responsibilities
Through hands-on experience as well as observational and mentorship activities, the IT Intern will have the opportunity to learn about several aspects of Information Technology, Biotechnology and working in a real business environment. Primary responsibilities will be to provide support services to Exact Sciences employees; primarily in the Madison locations, but remote support for geographically diverse employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support services management (customer service best practices, ticket escalation/de-escalation procedures, wide-scale communication practices, etc.).
- User account administration (Provisioning / de-provisioning, account permissions & auditing, and troubleshooting in a Microsoft Active Directory integrated environment).
- Client PC administration (enterprise level imaging, software deployment, patching, reporting, troubleshooting, and configuration tools & best practices, etc.).
- Act as a problem solver to drive successful completion of assigned tasks.
- Establish positive working relationships with team members, vendors and IT customers.
- Friendly and positive demeanor with a desire to demonstrate the high standards of customer service.
- Working towards a BA/ BS degree in junior or senior standing.
- Demonstrated aptitude for technology and an interest in pursuing a career in information technology.
- 3.5 GPA or higher
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time and up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to travel between facilities in the metropolitan area as needed.
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees, customers, and vendors in person, via the telephone or by email.
- Constant walking or motion to coordinate work and interact with co-workers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
Customer Care Specialist
Marco assists customers with Cologuard and guides patients through the process of using the product.
Back to top