Internal Audit Manager
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Internal Audit Manager conducts operational, financial and compliance audits to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls and company procedures. Determine compliance with selected policies, procedures, and regulations. Help assist with the risk management for the enterprise and be a liaison to the business for internal control conversations. Make written recommendations to management to increase efficiency and/or effectiveness of the control systems of functions with all levels of management and employees within the organization, internal audit personnel and external auditors. Work with all levels across organization to promote good business practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, coordinate and oversee internal audit projects working with all parts of the organization.
- Prepare and execute internal audit procedures for scheduled internal audits.
- Independently conduct documentation, walkthrough and testing of assigned processes and controls for Exact Sciences’ ongoing Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Oversee and coordinate third party assistance including review of their work.
- Leverage analytics in support of all audits conducted and assisting the business with any report requests.
- Liaise with external auditors including documentation, testing, coordination, and follow ups related to findings.
- Prepare internal audit reports, conduct close meetings and present summaries to management.
- Make process improvements suggestions to company management based on audit results.
- Follow up on outstanding internal audit issues from individual audits performed and own managing the company’s risk register.
- Drive ad hoc projects/department requests and report back to management with findings/process improvements.
- Facilitate conversations with other departments to consider internal considerations when changing processes or enhancing software.
- Work with business owners to update process narratives/flowcharts/control matrices for annual updates or changes to processes.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Ability to work normal schedule of Monday through Friday during normal business hours.
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
- Ability to travel 35% of working time away from work location, may include overnight/weekend travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 6 + years audit experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of US GAAP.
- Process auditing experience (Accounting, Operations and/or IT).
- Knowledge and experience with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate, facilitate and present to various audiences.
- Ability to analyze processes and determine if adequate controls are in place and appropriate for the related activity.
- Able to quickly and accurately recognize inadequacy in a process or control and identify necessary recommendations for improvement.
- Must be able to field questions from individuals throughout the Company and accurately and correctly provide guidance on questions and requests remitted.
- Must be able to take direction and independently work towards achievement of projects.
- Be a team player and help organization achieve its objectives any way necessary when called upon.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Master’s degree in Accounting.
- CPA or CIA designation.
- Public accounting experience.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
Andrea A.Supervisor, Provider Support
Andrea has grown a career at Exact Sciences from specialist to supervisor on the Provider Support team. Her team delivers high quality customer service by assisting providers with product orders and providing field representatives with in-depth answers to questions received in the field.
Alice H.Specimen Processing Lead
As a Specimen Processing Lead, Alice manages and prioritizes workflow in the laboratory in order to deliver quality samples for testing—and participates in the interview and hiring process for her department. Since filming, Alice has been promoted to Clinical Laboratory Quality Assurance Associate.
Back to top