Inside Sales Representative
Summary of Major Responsibilities
Click below to hear from one of our Inside Sales Representatives about this opportunity!
The Inside Sales Representative plays an important role in supporting the Field Sales organization by triaging sales calls, calling prospective accounts, filling and calling upon uncovered territories (travel), and other sales related activities. This role will work closely with the assigned regional team consisting of a regional director, key account executives, area managers and sales representatives to complement the activities and sales objectives for the region. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates to experience career growth into a field based sales role. The ideal candidate is willing to relocate for this type of opportunity in the future.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieve sales volume and customer contact targets driven both from targeted and new customer leads
- Effectively handle inbound, unsolicited prospect calls and triage to appropriate territory sales rep or manager when necessary
- Enter new customer data and update changes to existing accounts in the customer database (CRM)
- Cold-call (telephone) prospects generated by external sources and identify leads and initiate contact to generate knowledge about landscape
- Make telephone sales presentations to multiple decision-makers within a variety of healthcare facilities
- Work with the field sales team to assist in profiling accounts, generating leads, and meeting sales objectives
- Conduct customer service calls and office onboarding in support of client implementation team
- Provide interim territory coverage as a sales representative as needed within assigned region
- Provide additional territory coverage as sales representative as local market conditions warrant
- Review and create sales reports as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree OR high school diploma/GED with equivalent experience
- Ability to function productively within a fast-paced, multi-tasking, entrepreneurial environment
- Track record of demonstrable success (quota achievement, customer satisfaction, etc.)
- Able to productively and proactively contribute to a team environment while demonstrating ability to manage workload and priorities independently.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Strong presentation skills; ability to effectively convey concepts in a clear, concise and professional manner through telephone and face-to-face interactions
- Computer proficiency especially in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Adaptable, open to change, and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information and unexpected circumstances
- Inside sales or account management experience
- Background in commissioned, tangible product sales
- Preferred experience working with primary care physician or OB-GYN targeted customers
- Active participant in team sports and other activities promoting the contributions to high performing teams
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. The Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Exact Sciences, or if you may require a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call our Recruitment Coordinator at 608-535-8841 or email [email protected].
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
As a research scientist on the Product Development Team, Brenda’s core responsibilities revolve around new pipeline projects and process improvements to Exact Sciences’ Cologuard tests.
Back to top