Inside Sales Intern
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Inside Sales Representative Intern plays an important role in supporting the Field Sales organization by triaging sales calls, calling prospective accounts, filling and calling upon uncovered territories (travel), and other sales related activities. This role will work closely with the assigned regional team consisting of a regional director, key account executives, area managers and sales representatives to complement the activities and sales objectives for the region. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates to experience career growth into a field based sales role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieve sales volume and customer contact targets driven both from targeted and new customer leads
- Effectively handle inbound, unsolicited prospect calls and triage to appropriate territory sales rep or manager when necessary
- Enter new customer data and update changes to existing accounts in the customer database (CRM)
- Cold-call (telephone) prospects generated by external sources and identify leads and initiate contact to generate knowledge about landscape
- Make telephone sales presentations to multiple decision-makers within a variety of healthcare facilities
- Work with the field sales team to assist in profiling accounts, generating leads, and meeting sales objectives
- Conduct customer service calls and office onboarding in support of client implementation team
- Provide interim territory coverage as a sales representative as needed within assigned region
- Provide additional territory coverage as sales representative as local market conditions warrant
- Review and create sales reports as necessary
- Must be studying for a Bachelor’s degree currently, in junior or senior standing.
- Ability to function productively within a fast-paced, multi-tasking, entrepreneurial environment
- Able to productively and proactively contribute to a team environment while demonstrating ability to manage workload and priorities independently.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Strong presentation skills; ability to effectively convey concepts in a clear, concise and professional manner through telephone and face-to-face interactions
- Computer proficiency especially in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Adaptable, open to change, and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information and unexpected circumstances
- 3.5 GPA or higher
- Inside sales or account management experience
- Background in commissioned, tangible product sales
- Active participant in team sports and other activities promoting the contributions to high performing teams
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Back to top