Human Resources Intern
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Human Resources Intern will assist the HR team with strategic and tactical projects related to organizational growth and onboarding, employee engagement, talent acquisition, HR Operations and internal communications. This is a great opportunity for a student to gain first-hand experience the Human Resources field. You will also gain experience within the fast-growing Madison biotech industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with all aspects of the recruiting function including, communication with candidates, screening candidates, coordinating interviews and candidate follow up.
- Responsible for job postings on company website, job boards and social media. May also assist with event registration as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of new employee onboarding including packet assembly, mailing of benefit materials and coordinating onboarding schedules.
- Responsible for brainstorming and drafting internal communications including event planning at multiple locations, new employee announcements and other communications needed on our internal intranet site.
- Assist with interviewing existing employees and compiling video snippets for our website and social media to help with branding and attracting new talent to our organization.
- Support Human Resources Business Partners on various projects, initiatives and events throughout the course of the internship.
- Assist with data entry into various HR and Recruitment related systems and tracking tools
- May assist with various compliance initiatives including poster updates, job description audits and other general projects that may provide an opportunity to grow meaningful experience in the HR field.
- Current student (Junior, Senior) majoring in Human Resources or related field.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and initiatives with excellent project planning and execution skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills including excellent oral and written communication skills.
- 3.5 GPA or higher
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time and up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees, customers, and vendors in person, via the telephone or by email.
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Back to top