Human Resources Generalist, Employee Solutions
- Madison, WI
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Generalist, Employee Solutions will partner with the Employee Solutions team on initiatives in support of Exact Sciences team members. This role will be knowledgeable in programs, processes and tools and be able to partner with employees and supervisors across Exact Sciences businesses. The Generalist, Employee Solutions will act as the front-line consultant to people managers to create a positive employee experience, offering consistent HR advice on people matters while collaborating with multiple HR Business Partners (HRBPs).
This position would include some coverage outside normal business hours. We have flexibility on whether these are evening or early morning hours. We're hoping for about 2-4 hours/day based on our current need. The ideal candidate is flexible with the schedule.
This position is based in Madison, WI.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as an influential partner in helping people leaders with talent management processes and people development.
- Partner with people leaders on performance management cases, including consulting on performance concerns, and supporting people leaders through the process.
- Support employee relations investigation needs through conducting intake and supporting information gathering, case support and resolution as needed.
- Manage employee engagement programs and support people leaders and HRBPs.
- Provide support to HRBPs on change initiatives, helping to execute change plans, communication, and process changes.
- Coach, train, and lead people leaders on Talent Management process and tools such as compensation planning, performance management, career development conversations and all transactions and programs related to the employment life cycle.
- Consult people leaders and provide in depth knowledge of policies and procedures across multiple business units.
- Provide tracking and identification of trends within the organization as it relates to overall effectiveness and health.
- Mentor and train HR Assistants and Coordinators on transactional inquires and next steps.
- Support employee related administration and coordination tasks (ex. new hire onboarding, employee changes).
- Provide accurate and timely information, ensuring compliance with Company process, data protection requirements and best practice with regard to maintenance of HR systems and records.
- Provide ongoing organization and maintenance of employee electronic records to ensure compliance with document retention and data accuracy.
- Provide support for employee communications via email, Pulse, and other communication channels.
- Collaborate with HRBPs, and other teams on key HR areas/projects that are critical for success such as introduction of new policies or benefits.
- Support HR Business Partners and leaders on a wide variety of people related topics and projects.
- Collaborate with the People Solutions team in brainstorming process and procedural improvements to ensure departmental efficiencies and state and federal compliance.
- Maintain and protect confidential data with utmost scrutiny, judgement, and care and ensure awareness of and compliance with employment regulations and laws.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships and effectively connect with others; approachable and viewed as a responsive resource for employees and leaders.
- Awareness of regulations and compliance expectations.
- Ability to work independently, multitask, and organize and prioritize workloads and meet strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of employee law and HR practices.
- Strong business and HR acumen, including problem-soling skills, critical thinking and analysis.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong project management and organization skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (MS Word, Power Point & Excel).
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work designated schedule.
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds for approximately 5% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 75% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work on a computer and phone simultaneously.
- Ability to use a telephone through a headset.
- Ability and means to travel between immediate area locations.
- Ability to travel 5% of working time away from work location, may include overnight/weekend travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or a related field; or Associates degree in human resources or a related field and 2 years of relevant experience.
- 3+ years of relevant Human Resources Experience.
- Computer skills to include Internet navigation, Email usage, and word processing.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Employment law knowledge.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Back to top