HR Generalist/Corporate Wellness Advisor
Summary of Major Responsibilities
This position will provide HR support for several departments throughout Exact Sciences organization. The HR Generalist will assist with implementing initiatives as it relates to recruiting, employee development, policy administration, benefits, and employee relations. This role will play an impactful role in Exact Sciences Wellness program and related initiatives. The HR Generalist reports to the Exact Sciences Human Resources Manager.
This role may require off hours support or occasional weekend support for our 24/7 laboratory operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide day to day HR support and counsel to employees regarding employee relations issues, employee communications, and process and policy.
- Support recruitment for a variety of positions.
- Submit timely and accurate HR transactional information including transfers, promotions, terminations and organizational changes.
- Maintain current knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees (FMLA, ADA, FLSA, etc).
- Participate in the employee onboarding process including, conducting employee orientation programs, and assisting in filing and processing of enrollment forms.
- Facilitation of courses or modules for onboarding and/or training.
- Support the employee exit process.
- Take a lead role on the Wellness Committee as a resource for structure and guidance adding value with Human Resources and legal perspective. Lead wellness related initiatives which may include annual Health Risk Assessment, Flu Shot Clinic and Gym Membership Reimbursement Program.
- Sponsor or lead employee committees encouraging employee feedback (Employee Advisory committee)
- Responsible for evaluating the success of new processes and/or initiatives via employee feedback forms, surveys or focus groups
- Assist in Worker’s Compensation process and tracking.
- Assist with other responsibilities in support of key HR initiatives including employee engagement, talent development, employee communications & maintenance of employee resources on the intranet related to HR.
- Maintain and protect confidential data with utmost scrutiny, judgment, and care and ensure awareness of and compliance with employment regulations and laws.
- Plans/coordinates onsite and offsite events such as health screenings, flu shots, corporate challenge events, and other similar events.
- Develops and distributes wellness communications that align with the company’s culture and employee well-being philosophy.
- Tracks all expenses related to the wellness initiatives and processes invoices accordingly.
- Participates in wellness committee and benefit meetings.
- Manages wellness inquiries and responds professionally and promptly to requests.
- Researches health, benefit and regulatory trends and their impact on health and wellness programs.
- Partners with internal benefits team to support a comprehensive wellness program that aligns with the company’s health & welfare programs.
- Provides support to the benefits team during company-wide events, such as the annual open enrollment event, health fairs, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business major, Human Resources preferred
- Minimum of 4-5 years of professional work experience in the Human Resources function with responsibilities such as employee relations, and performance management with an hourly workforce.
- Experience with Wellness initiatives, strategy or design. Direct experience preferred.
- Solid understanding of regulations & compliance expectations related to recruiting and other HR practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to build relationships and effectively connect with others; approachable & viewed as a responsive resource for employees and leaders.
- Dedicated team player who is able to withstand the high demands of a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (MS Word, Power Point & Excel).
- Experience working with 24/7 operations
- Experience working with recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, employee development or performance management.
- Experience in a human resources role during a period of rapid business growth.
- PHR certification
- Experience with applicant tracking systems.
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. The Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
As a research scientist on the Product Development Team, Brenda’s core responsibilities revolve around new pipeline projects and process improvements to Exact Sciences’ Cologuard tests.
Back to top