Finance Administrative Assistant
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Finance Administrative Assistant reports to the Employee Reimbursement Supervisor. This employee will be responsible for performing accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of employee travel and expense transactions in order to ensure effective and accurate financial and administrative operations. This includes evaluating expenses for proper classification and compliance of the company’s travel and reimbursement policies. In addition, the Finance Administrative Assistant assists employees with booking travel and properly submitting expenses within the Concur Expense Reimbursement System. This position would also assist in administering and maintaining corporate credit cards. This will include communicating with employees regarding past due balances and reconciling credit card accounts. The primary focus of this position will be in the employee reimbursement area, with potential for additional ad-hoc accounting projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform day to day audit and processing of employee expense reports in Concur and monitor employee transactions for compliance within company policies
- Assist employees with travel and expense transactions
- Research and resolve travel and expense discrepancies and issues
- Prepare and process the release of expense reports on a daily basis
- Correspond with Concur regarding travel and expense issues
- Monitor the Concur Help email inbox, and respond to employee questions in a timely manner
- Complete IT Requests for Concur setups and Approvers
- Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit, quarterly reviews and SOX control testing
- Run reports from Concur for business analysis purposes
- AmEx Process – assign new cards in Concur and complete card cancellations in AmEx
- Assist in the review and communication of credit card past due balances and submissions
- Troubleshoot errors and maintain accurate healthcare professional data within companywide tracking system
- Other projects as identified and assigned
- Associate’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or a similar field preferred, or high school diploma or GED with relevant experience
- Experience with the Concur Business Travel & Expense Management system is strongly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Software Suite, specifically Excel
- Ability to interact, coordinate and communicate effectively with internal staff and vendors.
- Well organized with strong attention to detail
- Strong, demonstrated organizational and time-management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Adaptable, open to change and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information and unexpected circumstances
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills including the ability to easily convey concepts and priorities as well as the ability to solicit feedback and inputs
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive employee information
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time and up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to sit for an extended period of time
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and up to 6 hours at a time
- Ability to listen and speak on the telephone and write simultaneously
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees, customers, and vendors in person, via the telephone or by email
- Ability to operate telephone system and computer keyboard and printer
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. The Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Exact Sciences, or if you may require a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call our Recruitment Coordinator at 608-535-8841 or email [email protected].
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
Senior Manager, Accounting
As Senior Manager of Accounting for Exact Science’s Finance Team, Ashley’s main responsibilities are external financial reporting, maintaining a sound internal control structure, and administering the company’s stock plans.
Back to top