Facilities Maintenance Supervisor
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Facilities Maintenance Supervisor will supervise, lead, train and assist a team of maintenance personnel that are responsible for the maintenance and repairs of multiple facilities comprised of office, GMP laboratories, clinical laboratories, research laboratories and warehouse areas. In addition, this position will assist the Senior Facilities Manager in responsibilities such as programs and activities around maintenance, sustainability, and business continuity.
An accepted offer for this position includes a $5,000.00 sign-on bonus!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop the day to day Maintenance schedule and on call schedule, assign personnel to complete scheduled tasks, and ensure on-time execution.
- Lead efforts of continuous improvement within the CMMS as an Administrator and ensure equipment and work orders are updated accurately and timely. Actively participate in new equipment onboarding into the CMMS.
- Direct, lead, and supervise Maintenance Technicians in a manner that promotes an environment that is conductive to high productivity and minimal downtime.
- Assist in planning, directing, and managing the operations and activities of the facilities maintenance department including evaluating workload; planning and implementing changes as needed.
- Responsible for personnel management activities such as: recruiting talent, training and development, providing regular direction and feedback on performance, and preparing and delivering annual performance reviews.
- Provide leadership for facilities technicians in order to ensure the successful, effective, efficient and safe environment in all facilities. Leadership capabilities include mentoring, motivating, coaching and providing direction and clarity to employees.
- Ensure proper maintenance of production and laboratory equipment.
- Ensure proper maintenance of facility systems, including but not limited to, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, life safety, fire suppression, compressed air, water treatment, freezers, refrigerators, and other facility related equipment following SOPs and proper documentation of work completed to meet QMS requirements.
- Prepare required reports for management review and approval.
- Maintain compliance with all regulatory standards, including GMP, OSHA, FDA, CLIA WDATCP and USDA.
- Ensure that all GMPs and safety procedures are followed by maintenance team and contractors.
- Address investigations, non-conformances, and CAPAs as they relate to operations production areas.
- Maintain performance metrics and productivity metrics to drive process improvements and ensure visibility to leadership and staff.
- Work with stakeholders to address issues and needs.
- Ensure compliance of all safety and work rules.
Occasional Duties and Responsibilities
- Individual will lead the team in continuous improvement projects and support other area needs dependent on demand.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Evidence of strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills, ability to make decisions with limited information and operate with autonomy.
- Strong communication skills and ability to coordinate work with multiple teams.
- Ability to accurately follow procedures with minimal direction.
- Able to communicate clearly to other depts. and team as necessary to drive alignment and visibility.
- Strong leadership capability and ability to mentor and train others.
- Demonstrated ability to develop/transfer and thoroughly document new processes and procedures.
- Strong documentation, attention-to-detail and procedure writing skills suitable for a GMP environment.
- Experience in a GMP and/or ISO 13485 environment.
- Experience with OSHA, EPA, and FDA (preferred) regulations required.
- Experience supervising a team and overseeing multiple projects with a strong ability to troubleshoot issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication, strong interpersonal skills.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, PowerPoint, etc. required.
- Must possess a valid driver's license, have no more than 2 moving violations in the past 36 months, and have no unresolved revocation or suspension issues.
- FMP, SFP, or similar certification(s).
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in mechanical, electrical, or chemical engineering, or related discipline OR five (5) years of experience in a directly related field required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ leadership experience. Experience managing in a GMP manufacturing environment preferred.
- Minimum of five years related experience overseeing management of facilities departments in regulated environments (bio/pharma, industrial, healthcare facilities preferred).
- Must possess a valid driver's license, have no more than 2 moving violations in the past 36 months, and have no unresolved revocation or suspension issues
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees and teams.
- Ability to use and wear safety protective gear/equipment (e.g. safety glasses, lab coat, gloves, respirator, etc.) and follow safety guidelines.
- Ability to work with hazardous or flammable materials so as not to endanger oneself or others.
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time and up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations after hours, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability to sit, stand, and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to travel (by land and air), on occasion.
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees, customers, and vendors in person, via the telephone or by email.
- Constant walking or motion to coordinate work and interact with co-workers and team.
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to travel locally between facilities.
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. The Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
Customer Care Specialist
Marco assists customers with Cologuard and guides patients through the process of using the product.
Back to top