Facilities Business Analyst
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Facilities Business Analyst will support Facilities by understanding the needs and limitations of the organization and translating the long-term business goals of Facilities into technical solutions. The Facilities Business Analyst will participate in constructing business models that outline costs and benefits that allow Facilities leadership to make informed decisions on the management and use of data and/or the viability of implementing technology/devices. The role will have a thorough understanding of the business processes and workflows to enable the analysis of business requirements and the development of solutions for the business functions primarily between Facilities and other departments. This role will be responsible for managing the day to day support and daily activities for the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) /Computer-aided Facility Management (CAFM)platforms as it relates to the Facilities organization to include systems updates and applicable devices. This role will serve as the back-up to the Facilities System Application Administrator regarding database management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support growing business with CMMS/CAFM and other software/application and device implementations including process and system design, integration testing, validation, user training and post go-live support.
- Oversee first level support for CMMS/CAFM users and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in the Facilities area.
- Act as business expert on CMMS/CAFM Master Data and provide leadership and support to personnel supporting transactions and reporting activities.
- Serve as a liaison for Facilities with CMMS/CAFM business users and IT/CMMS/CAFM configuration experts, internally and externally.
- Provide best practice technical solutions and Line-of-Business (LoB) support and risk management processes.
- Assist in evaluating, prioritizing and managing changes to the CMMS/CAFM system using appropriate change management processes to coordinate interdependencies and resolve issues.
- Develop and review standards and guidelines necessary to ensure consistency in the implementation of information technology architecture and strategic plans.
- Validate and maintain computer software used to generate, process or print raw data in order to assure department compliance with all SOPs.
- Provide analysis reports and presentations leveraging the data the Facilities team extrapolates for improved process and functionality.
- Serve in a project management capacity as needed to support key business objectives.
- Develop and maintain local training materials and train new CMMS/CAFM users.
- Identify and drive to resolution with root cause to end user problems.
- Work with CMMS/CAFM/IT and business areas to jointly define system challenges and define business processes where gaps exist.
- Support production applications by tracking problems/issues and following up with internal users.
- Gather, analyze and document business and functional requirements. Translate needs of the business, such as those expressed in user Change Requests, into applicable system design solutions.
- Challenge business requirements if they would lead to unreasonable system changes.
- Overseeing multiple projects with a strong ability to troubleshoot issues.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends as necessary.
- Ability to work designated schedule.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent skills in planning and logistics around business processes to directly support users and corporate processes.
- Ability to clearly communicate to other departments and teams as necessary to drive alignment and visibility.
- Ability to coordinate work with multiple teams.
- Ability to accurately follow procedures with minimal direction.
- Demonstrated leadership capability and ability to mentor and train others.
- Strong documentation, attention to detail and procedure writing skills suitable for a GMP environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds for approximately 5% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective equipment requirements.
- Ability and means to travel between Madison locations.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science; or high school diploma/general education degree and 4 years of relevant work experience in lieu of degree.
- 5+ years of experience in a combination of the following areas:
- Application systems development methodology.
- Proficiency in Windows-based data capture systems.
- Proficiency with and specific knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems and/or Computer Aided Facility Management software systems to include implementation in a Facilities operation.
- Ability to administer, manage and maintain multiple applications and/or systems.
- Proficiency in facilities functions being monitored, controlled, operated and/or maintained by the assigned applications and/or systems.
- Advanced computer skills (I.e. MS Office, Microsoft Access, Crystal Reports, MS Project).
- Possession of a valid driver's license, no more than two moving violations in the past 36 months, and no unresolved license revocation or suspension issues.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of GLP &cGMP documentation practices.
- Experience in a GMP and/or ISO 13485 environment.
- Experience with OSHA, EPA and FDA regulations.
- Proficiency with Building Automation, environmental monitoring systems.
- Experience with SharePoint and SQL tools.
- FMP, SFP or similar certification(s).
- Knowledge of CLIA/CAP regulations.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Back to top