Epic Analyst, EpicCare Link & Beaker
- Madison, WI
Summary of Major Responsibilities
As an Application Analyst, you will work on business systems design and configuration, upgrades and improvements for assigned technology platforms. As a primary support contact for application end-users, the Application Analyst will work to identify issues that arise in the application area as well as issues that impact other application teams, and work to resolve them. The Analyst will perform impact analysis of desired changes, build and test systems changes, and identify areas of improvement associated with platform performance and opportunities to enable business processes and requirements.
We are seeking two Application Analysts for our Epic Program Team. These positions will support EpicCare Link and Beaker.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Estimate and assess impact of requested changes to assigned business system/platform.
- Guide workflow design, configure and test system changes, and analyze technical issues.
- Liaise with business systems stakeholders and software vendor’s implementation staff, ensuring alignment of business needs with delivery of systems changes.
- Develop an understanding of operational needs to set the direction for the organization's workflows; proactively identify opportunities to improve business workflow with technology improvements.
- Participate in training and work with end users.
- Troubleshoot problems and questions.
- Provide end-user support for issues entered into issue tracking systems.
- Review the status of projects and issues with project leadership.
- Ability to work within normal business hours, as well as on call, with potential for nights and weekends.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Demonstrate flexibility with respect to changing end-user business needs.
- Work within a cross functional team.
- Apply strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability and willingness to take ownership of work activities and ensure that they are done in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Ability and willingness to recognize assignments or tasks that need to be completed, to seek out additional assignments or tasks and to help others.
- Ability to communicate information clearly and concisely with project leadership, subject matter experts and key stakeholders.
- Ability to persevere in difficult situations, overcome obstacles, and reach high levels of performance when faced with stressful work situations and time pressures.
- Ability and willingness to learn new software applications.
- Strong analytical skills, business intuition, and organizational ability.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to operate in a cross functional and complex matrix environment.
- Adaptable, open to change and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information or unexpected circumstances.
- Ability to operate telephone system and computer keyboard and printer.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds for approximately 5% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective equipment requirements.
- Ability to travel approximately 5% of working time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/MIS or related field or high school degree/general education diploma and 4 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- 3+ years of experience developing or configuring technology solutions, either in an application analyst or project delivery role.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Previous experience configuring business systems software in a life sciences, health care or related industry.
- Certification in EpicCare Link or Beaker.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Back to top