Enterprise Solutions Engineer
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Enterprise Solutions Engineer (ESE) participates in the design of technology solutions that enable Exact Sciences business processes and functions. ESE supports the Enterprise Architecture team by gathering information and guiding conversations to keep alignment with key strategic principles of company architecture. At times, conflicts will arise between long-term and short-term goals and compromises will need to be structured. ESE will help prepare compromise options for discussion and be responsible for helping the Enterprise Architecture team retain institutional memory of the details of those decisions.
This role is committed to the support and development of all technology solution roadmaps and plans, assuring that technology solutions meet business and technical requirements while aligning with long-term architectural and strategic goals. The Enterprise Solutions Engineer provides deep technical partnership across EXAS domains, understanding the low-level details of system designs and supporting the architecture team with strategic decision making, project planning, and participating in development as an engineering resource.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate as a key member of the Enterprise Architecture team.
- Support the Enterprise Architects through detailed system analysis, requirements gathering, relationship building.
- Work closely with internal application teams and external suppliers to articulate the proposed solution architecture and impacts to the current state.
- Collaborate with IT business partner leaders and service delivery personnel to ensure that technical solution proposals are cohesive and support the business needs while integrating all necessary solution components to effect the desired change.
- Participate as needed in the build, and test phases of projects.
- Develop end-to-end solution processes by providing technical documents and estimates, cost estimations, implementation requirements, and alternative solutions to support the business case, as well as provide any necessary adjustments if re-architecture of solutions does not meet requirements.
- Assist with the design document development and ensure the detailed solutions are consistent with the solution architecture and underlying intent.
- Understand and assist with stated architectural review processes to drive discussions regarding necessary modifications to project solution architecture to overcome design challenges or deviations observed in project design.
- Oversee and validate the integration of supplier testing plans, and broker effective communication between suppliers, architects, or other stakeholders to resolve test issues or provide technical support for transitioning projects/changes into production.
- Interface with end users to discuss technology solution options and ensure system functionality is effectively enabling business processes.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Apply strategic thinking, with strong abilities in relationship management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, influence and persuasion, results orientation, facilitation, and teamwork.
- Apply strong attention to detail for analyzing and communicating information.
- Appetite to learn; general business acumen.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
- Ability and means to travel between Madison locations.
- Ability to travel 5% of working time away from work location, may include overnight/weekend travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or related field; or high school degree/general education diploma and 4 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree
- 3+ years of experience in information technology business systems function.
- 2+ years of experience working within a solution architecture practice and developing solution architecture artifacts.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Experience with digital experience, CRM and/or sales and marketing platforms and solutions.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
Andrea A.Supervisor, Provider Support
Andrea has grown a career at Exact Sciences from specialist to supervisor on the Provider Support team. Her team delivers high quality customer service by assisting providers with product orders and providing field representatives with in-depth answers to questions received in the field.
Alice H.Specimen Processing Lead
As a Specimen Processing Lead, Alice manages and prioritizes workflow in the laboratory in order to deliver quality samples for testing—and participates in the interview and hiring process for her department. Since filming, Alice has been promoted to Clinical Laboratory Quality Assurance Associate.
Back to top