Distribution Logistics Associate I
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Distribution Logistics Associate I will assist in a variety of Materials Management or Operations functions including incoming material receipt and inspection, inventory cycle counting, SAP inventory management, internal inventory requests, shipping, receiving, and distribution of goods and supplies. The Distribution/Logistics Associate I will provide support to ongoing process and method development, characterization and validation and assist in production activities including labeling and packaging. The position will work within defined protocols and procedures and may develop and document new procedures for Materials Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Shipping & Receiving
- Receives, inspects and verifies incoming materials.
- Follows applicable SOPs for the processing of materials in SAP and through the Receiving Inspection system. Labels materials accordingly.
- Contacts appropriate person/department with receipt details as applicable.
- Places materials in inventory, delivers goods or coordinates pickup of materials.
- Initiates freight claims process by documenting all problems noticed in the initial inspection. The documentation may include pictures, notations on Bill of Ladings, driver’s notation and notations on packing slips.
- May initiate Non-Conforming Materials report.
- Facilitates shipment of outgoing materials or products through the coordination of inventory and paperwork.
- Supports Clinical studies through the organization and completion of shipment requests. Pulls the correct inventory for use. Follows the proper WI’s and shipping guidelines for each study. Processes in SAP for shipment.
- Packages and processes materials to be shipped in a manner consistent with IATA, DOT and US Customs regulations. Labels packages accordingly.
- Calls carriers to arrange for pickups.
- Files or disseminates all receiving and shipping documents to the appropriate person/location
Materials Management – support Materials Management department by:
- Maintains inventory and associated records for raw materials, intermediates, disposables and spare parts.
- Works with the Inventory Management department to develop and execute warehouse organization and restocking policies and plans.
- Support inventory management in SAP.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Participation in projects relating to continuous improvement as an individual contributor or team member.
- Supports and complies with the company's safety and environmental procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Ability to accurately follow procedures with minimal direction.
- Strong documentation skills and attention-to-detail necessary in a GMP environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively in team situations as well as independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Preferred Qualifications (optional)
- Experience in a biotech manufacturing environment, preferably in a GMP and/or ISO13485 environment.
- Experience with SAP.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, or related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in an operations role in a similar capacity strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in using basic software applications including Microsoft Office.
- Experience with inventory management systems and MRP, SAP strongly preferred.
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time and up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to sit or stand for an extended period of time.
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Some travel may be required.
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. The Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Exact Sciences, or if you may require a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call our Recruitment Coordinator at 608-535-8841 or email [email protected].
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
Senior Manager, Accounting
As Senior Manager of Accounting for Exact Science’s Finance Team, Ashley’s main responsibilities are external financial reporting, maintaining a sound internal control structure, and administering the company’s stock plans.
Back to top