Director, Medical Affairs
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Director functions in a leadership and management role in the Medical Affairs department. This position supports the Senior Director of Medical Affairs in all day-to-day operations related to internal Medical Affairs core functions as well as the management of key external partnerships related to new publications, development of real-world evidence, digital medical education, key opinion leader strategies, medical information management, and field-based medical education and scientific exchange. The position is based at Exact Sciences headquarters in Madison, WI. Travel is up to 25% within key US markets to provide leadership and support to drive Medical Affairs strategy and execution.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Medical Affairs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts in a leadership and management capacity for the Medical Affairs team and works closely with the Senior Director of Medical Affairs, headquarters, laboratory and field-based teams to implement customer strategies aligned with scientific exchange, clinical and medical education, medical information management and key opinion leader engagement.
- Acts as a primary headquarters-based liaison between Medical Affairs and all other cross-functional directors and VPs.
- Works with key commercial and non-commercial stakeholders continually develop requirements and proposal to meet requirements to support the Medical Affairs projects, partnerships, and initiatives in alignment with the annual operating plan.
- Manages external partnerships and vendors
- Attend regional and national tradeshows, symposia, and scientific/clinical meetings.
- Manage time and travel expense budget to support scientific exchange and clinical education activities at key national accounts.
- Become proficient in and demonstrate ability to understand the major data sources (clinical trials, studies, published reports, etc.) relative to the use of Exact Sciences’ products.
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in life sciences
- Minimum of 10 years of industry experience in healthcare or medical technology fields with Medical Affairs or similar industry experience.
- Demonstrated track record of leading and managing medical affairs personnel.
- Experience with Medical Affairs vendor evaluation, sourcing, and management
- Demonstrated project management experience, skills, and track record of successful project execution.
- Demonstrate excellent English written and oral communication skills, as well as effective formal presentation skills.
- Ability to work well independently, and manage time effectively.
- Strong attention to detail with a focus on producing high quality work.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Must be willing to travel at least 25% within the US as needed
- Must possess a valid driver's license, have no more than 2 moving violations in the past 36 months, and have no unresolved revocation or suspension issues.
- Master’s degree, MPH or MPA or MS; PhD or PharmD
- Experience in public health, population health management, health insurance, and medical quality.
- Experience with screening and wellness programs is strongly desired.
- An in-depth knowledge of the health care market as well as experience with clinical trials is a plus.
- Experience with working with and/or for advocacy groups and professional societies.
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit for an extended period.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to constantly move about to coordinate work.
- Ability to travel (by land and air), both domestically and internationally. Ability to travel via automobile, airplane or other mode of commuter transportation approximately 60% of the time.
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees, customers, etc. face-to-face, via the telephone or by email.
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. The Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Exact Sciences, or if you may require a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call our Recruitment Coordinator at 608-535-8841 or email [email protected].
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
Senior Manager, Accounting
As Senior Manager of Accounting for Exact Science’s Finance Team, Ashley’s main responsibilities are external financial reporting, maintaining a sound internal control structure, and administering the company’s stock plans.
Back to top