Data Governance Senior Analyst
- Madison, WI
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Data Governance Senior Analyst act as an intermediary between the business community and the technical community working with business clients, data stewards, and IT project teams to influence and drive our enterprise data governance program, including data quality and data catalog implementation. The Data Governance Senior Analyst will provide leadership to establish and ensure adherence to an enterprise data governance program framework for data policies, standards, and best practices. This role is data-centric and requires analysis and demonstrated knowledge in data governance and data quality to aid in building an enterprise data-driven culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the development of data governance policies, guidelines, procedures, and communications in collaboration with data stewards and IT Project teams.
- Implement, maintain, and ensure adherence to enterprise data governance framework for data policies, standards, and practices to achieve the required level of consistency, quality, and protection to meet overall business needs.
- Assist data stewards with the creation, documentation, and adherence of data governance standards.
- Monitor and enforce compliance of data governance standards.
- Participate in process mapping for data decision rights, and the development of data policies and best practices for managing data.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of determining data decision rights and stewardship.
- Gathers and synthesizes existing data governance principles, policies, practices, and standards; e.g., understanding industry best practices.
- Develops recommendations for enterprise-wide guiding principles, policies, processes, and practices for managing and governing data.
- Assist in maintaining and adoption of the business data catalog to capture data definitions, maintain data stewardship, and data standards.
- Lead discussions with cross-functional teams to define and implement data management policies, procedures, and standards across the enterprise.
- Collaborates with data stewards and IT in the development of data quality rules, thresholds, and standards metrics/ quality expectations for data elements that support critical business processes.
- Implement and maintain data quality thresholds and scorecards for critical business processes.
- Consults with business clients and IT process owners to review the effectiveness of complex data quality controls and metadata capture.
- Develops and maintains best practices for enterprise data quality program and standards.
- Creates reports and scorecards/dashboards to track the progress of data quality.
- Serves as coach or mentor to new or lower level personnel on data management concepts and best practices.
- Build partnerships with business stakeholders to anticipate opportunities for data management governance activities and projects.
- Maintain data governance processes and controls by working with project and business leaders to analyze the impact of future changes on critical data sources and mitigate any potential risks to data quality.
- Liaise with business systems stakeholders and software vendor’s implementation staff, ensuring alignment of business needs with delivery of systems changes.
- Participate in training and work with end users.
- Troubleshoot problems and questions.
- Provide end-user support for data governance and quality issues entered into issue tracking systems.
- Review the status of projects and issues with project leadership.
- Flexibility with respect to changing end-user business needs.
- Work within a cross-functional team.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability and willingness to take ownership of work activities and ensure that they are done in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Ability and willingness to recognize assignments or tasks that need to be completed, to seek out additional assignments or tasks, and to help others.
- Ability to communicate information clearly and concisely with project leadership, subject matter experts, and key stakeholders.
- Ability to persevere in difficult situations, overcome obstacles, and reach high levels of performance when faced with stressful work situations and time pressures.
- Ability and willingness to learn new software applications.
- Strong analytical skills, business intuition, and organizational ability.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to operate in a cross-functional and complex matrix environment.
- Adaptable, open to change and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information or unexpected circumstances.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds for approximately 5% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
- Ability and means to travel between Madison locations.
- Ability to travel 5% of working time away from work location, may include overnight/weekend travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/MIS or related field; or High School Degree/General Education Diploma and 4 years of relevant experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- 6+ years of experience in a Data Governance or Data Quality role.
- 6+ years of experience lead/development/implementation of Data Quality and Data Governance standards, policies, and practices.
- Demonstrated competency in data governance and data management.
- Basic computer skills to include Internet navigation, Email usage, and word processing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Professional working knowledge with Data Governance or Data Quality Principles.
- Professional working knowledge with data management in a life sciences, healthcare, or related industry.
- Ability to facilitate and present to a variety of audiences.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Back to top