Data Entry Team Supervisor - Monday - Friday, 3:30pm - 12:00am shift
Summary of Major Responsibilities
In conjunction with the Exact Sciences Laboratories leadership team, the Laboratory Orders Supervisor, manages the day-to-day Customer Care Center activities. The Supervisor is responsible for the development and management of the Laboratory Order Team. The Laboratory Orders Supervisor is responsible for order entry metrics and productivity measures and other identified key performance indicators. This role aligns with other Customer Care Center leadership on the planful execution of the objectives to support the accomplishment of company goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs data entry and editing utilizing the Exact Sciences Order Platform Database.
- Takes an active role in the interviewing and hiring process for all members of the department.
- Assigns and organizes work priorities by effectively directing workflow and managing available resources.
- Responsible for the work quantity and quality of the Laboratory Order Specialists Team to meet or exceed established quality metrics.
- Responsible for the timely entry and editing of all patient test orders and physician enrollments at Exact Sciences Laboratories to meet or exceed established quality metrics.
- Responsible for the timely investigation and resolution of test order issue(s) or physician enrollment issue(s) to facilitate timely and accurate kit processing for patients.
- Leads/takes an active role in projects and initiatives including but not limited to quality improvement, process improvement, safety audits, document development, review and implementation, and inspections and audits.
- Assists in the identification of and crafts response to employee performance issues including but not limited excessive order entry errors, productivity issues and or trends and as needed, in accordance with Exact Sciences Laboratories policy, prepares and conducts employee counseling or corrective action.
- Identify and document system issues and work cross functionally to achieve problem resolution and future system updates.
- Provides on-going coaching and mentorship to all members of the department to ensure that a consistent level of support for the team is maintained.
- Identifies additional training needs/resources as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Mandatory Skills & Qualifications
- Must be 18 years of age or older and legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Knowledge of laboratory operations including implementation, training and performance monitoring.
- Working knowledge of laboratory industry practices and regulations including but not limited to HIPAA, CLIA, CAP, other state and regulatory agencies as applicable and quality assurance practices.
- Disciplined, self-motivated & reliable; able to stay focused on a task and work independently; motivated to perform quality work; diligent about arriving to work on time and completing tasks that are assigned in a timely manner.
- Possesses a positive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and build strong working relationships with customers as well as peers at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in a team environment and adapt to changing workload and circumstances effectively; able to respond to new information quickly.
- Professionalism: conducts themselves in a professional manner in all interactions with members of the Exact Sciences Clinical Laboratory team, clients and associates.
Necessary Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred or related experience.
- Ability to effectively manage and motivate staff members at all levels with two or more years of experience in a position with responsibility for leading direct reports.
- Demonstrated experience working in a customer service environment specialized in providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Experience using Microsoft Suite.
- Demonstrated experience working in a customer service/data entry environment specialized in providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail and focus on quality output.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Ability to listen and speak on the telephone and write simultaneously.
- Ability to operate telephone system and computer keyboard and printer.
- Ability to lift and move 20-40 pounds on an occasional basis (up to 25% of time).
- Ability to stand, walk, bend and reach on a regular basis (standing ~50% of time; sitting ~50% of time).
- Ability to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb and forefinger; turn with hand/arm; reach above shoulder height.
- Position occasionally may require work in a normal laboratory environme When the need arises, personal protective equipment is required while working in the laboratory.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Back to top