Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Data Administrator will be responsible for monitoring and reporting the overall electronic data transaction flow for all applications related to test order management at Exact Sciences. This position works with internal and external technical resources and business subject matter experts to identify data flow and content issues, helping to inform the business on data volume, performance and trending.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Controls, monitors, and troubleshoots the constant inbound and outbound flow of data from and to multiple locations
- Performs routine data-entry quality checks of large data samples and communicates feedback
- Performs data analysis, audits and other activities to reduce production costs and improve quality of output
- Offers assistance and expertise in troubleshooting and resolving data transmissions issues
- Identify key business metrics measurements and develop methods to represent data in support of the measurements
- Develop relationships with data exchange partners to anticipate business activities which will affect data interchange utilization
- Serve as a primary point of contact for production support issue resolution
- Monitor and recommend enhancements to the technical architecture to keep pace with changing business demands and scale
- Lead efforts to analyze, troubleshoot and tune solution performance or deployment issues when required
- Work with Information Technology management and staff to develop and maintain standards, processes, and documentation
- Act as a resource for staff by providing insight, recommendations, and assistance with technical and non-technical questions
- Promote the role and capabilities of IT to enhance the professional development of all Exact Sciences staff through example, recommendation, and accommodation
- Works independently with little oversight and direction
- Special projects as business needs require
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline or equivalent work experience is required
- Three years of Microsoft SQL Server development with hands on SSRS and SSMS
- Experience with data transaction monitoring and administration
- Experience with communication methods such as FTP with SSL, web tools, AS2 and HTTP
- Proven ability to work within a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment
- Ability to summarize data into useful information using visual approaches
- Proficient in all MS Office applications including Excel, and Word
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to operate in a cross cultural and complex matrix environment, and ability to build consensus across functions
- Adaptable, open to change and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information or unexpected circumstances
- Experience with T-SQL stored procedures, triggers and functions
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM and related systems
- Specific knowledge of either or both Operations and Clinical data domains (processes, data structures, and requirements): Operations – Shipping Logistics, Authorization, Provider, Eligibility/Enrollment, Capitation, Billing; Clinical – HL7, EMR/EPM, medical, labs, pharmacy
- Knowledge of EDI transactions: 240, 846, 856, 940, 944, 945, 946, 947, 997
- Hands-on experience and detailed working knowledge of Microsoft SQL/EDW/BI /OLAP technologies: SSIS, SQL Server, SSRS
- Ability to work in an office setting, operate telephony devices, and a computer.
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. The Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Exact Sciences, or if you may require a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call our Recruitment Coordinator at 608-535-8841 or email [email protected].
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
Senior Manager, Accounting
As Senior Manager of Accounting for Exact Science’s Finance Team, Ashley’s main responsibilities are external financial reporting, maintaining a sound internal control structure, and administering the company’s stock plans.
Back to top