Customer Care Specialist
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Customer Care Specialist provides world class service to health care providers, patients and the general public. The Customer Care Specialist is responsible for outbound calls to patients and providers to provide clarification on our product, orders or to provide product instruction. The Customer Care Specialist may also be responsible for managing inbound calls as a member of the Revenue Cycle Call Team.
Video Credit: TheMuse.com. To view more of our content on the Muse, click here.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers and responds to incoming calls and other inbound contacts.
- Places outbound calls to follow up with patients, providers and other clients.
- Receives escalated calls from patients, providers or insurance payers related to client accounts.
- Provides customers with product and service information and routes contacts to the appropriate resources.
- Documents all information according to standard operating procedures.
- Ability to perform all essential responsibilities of the Customer Care Associate position and perform them as directed.
- Recommends changes to ensure high quality customer service.
- Stays current with relevant guidelines and policies for medical devices (e.g., HIPAA, Medical Device Reporting, etc.).
- Ensures compliance with all Company quality procedures and guidelines including but not limited to Quality Policy and Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Meets standards for production and accuracy within 3 months in shift date.
- Reports to work on time, and follows attendance guidelines.
- Conducts all assigned job duties in a timely and productive manner.
- Performs all job duties according to Contact Center policies and procedures.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Mandatory Skills & Qualifications
- Must be 18 years of age or older and legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills. Spanish communication skills and/or Spanish bi-lingual certification a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Disciplined, self-motivated & reliable; able to stay focused on a task and work independently; motivated to perform quality work; diligent about arriving to work on time and completing tasks that are assigned in a timely manner.
- Possesses a positive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and build strong working relationships with customers as well as peers at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in a team environment and adapt to changing workload and circumstances effectively; able to respond to new information quickly.
- Professionalism: conducts themselves in a professional manner in all interactions with members of the Exact Sciences Clinical Laboratory team, clients and associates.
Necessary Education & Experience
- High School diploma or GED.
- Four or more years of customer service experience, preferable in inbound/outbound contact center in the healthcare industry.
- Previous work in a contact center within the health care industry is preferred but appropriate contact center experience in other fields may be considered.
- Demonstrated experience working in a customer service environment specialized in providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Some college course work preferred.
- Previous work in a laboratory environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of contact center telephony and technology.
- Excellent verbal and written Spanish communication skills preferred.
- Demonstrates initiative and willingness to continuously improve processes.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Ability to listen and speak on the telephone and write simultaneously.
- Ability to operate telephone system and computer keyboard and printer.
- Ability to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb and forefinger; turn with hand/arm; reach above shoulder height.
- Ability to type on a computer 100% of the time.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Back to top