Corporate Security Intern
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Corporate Security Intern works as part of the Exact Sciences Corporate Security team, carrying out assigned Corporate Security functions in a manner that supports departmental and company guidelines, policies, and procedures. The Corporate Security Partner conducts routine and directed patrols of all Exact Sciences’ facilities, ensuring the security of company employees, visitors, and assets. The Corporate Security Partner also staffs the Exact Sciences’ Corporate Security Operations Center (SOC), fielding calls for service from internal and external customers, and dispatches security or other Exact Sciences’ resources as appropriate. The Corporate Security Intern will also work on a variety of security related projects.
The position is intended to be a full-time summer opportunity for a Criminal Justice undergraduate to obtain hands-on experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assembling, documenting, and detailed reporting of security incidents and abnormal occurrences on any Exact Sciences site.
- Timely completion of administrative functions such as, Daily Activity Reports, Incident Reports, logs, etc..
- Staff the Exact Sciences’ Corporate Security Operations Center (SOC) and dispatch security or other Exact Sciences’ personnel as appropriate.
- Monitor electronic surveillance (CCTV) and access control systems, and respond to reports of security incidents, suspicious activity or activated alarms.
- Network and coordinate with local law enforcement agencies regarding investigations and participate in crime prevention efforts.
- Maintain ongoing, positive communications with all Exact Sciences team members.
- Participate in the company’s crisis management efforts, including crisis planning and response.
- Provide both routine and premium security services to employees and visitors, ensuring quality and timely delivery.
- Serve as a role-model for Exact Sciences’ team members, modeling exemplary behavior in words and actions, encouraging compliance with security policies and procedures, and assisting in building a culture of security awareness.
- Ability to work as part of a team; however, must also be able to work independently at times.
- Investigate reported security incidents and document all shift activity, including all observed irregularities, and takes proper corrective action to remedy found irregularities.
- Monitor traffic and parking in Exact Sciences’ parking lots, monitor the conduct of employees and visitors on premises, engage unauthorized persons for questioning, and address potential safety hazards and security vulnerabilities.
- Respond in a timely manner to all emergency calls at Exact Sciences’ facilities, and administer first aid, if needed as a member of the medical response team.
- Assist with drills and exercises, and network and build relationships with employees across all departments and business units to ensure the security of company employees, visitors, and assets.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to use and wear safety protective gear/equipment (e.g. safety glasses, hard hat, lab coat, gloves, respirator, etc.) and follow safety guideline.
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time and up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to sit for an extended period.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and up to 6 hours at a time.
- Ability to travel (by land and air), on occasion.
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees, customers, and vendors in person, via the telephone or by email.
- Constant walking or motion to coordinate work and interact with co-workers.
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Enrollment towards an Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement or related field.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to apply sound judgment when making decisions.
- Assertive and proactive approach in identifying and resolving conflicts, issues, and concerns.
- Ability to build strong relationships – works with others in a collaborative, integrated manner.
- Computer proficiency within the Windows environment.
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks, operational demands and meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Preference given to candidates with a record of outstanding academic achievement.
- Possession of a valid driver's license, no more than two moving violations in the past 36 months, and no unresolved license revocation or suspension issues.
- Maintenance of automobile insurance to satisfy any applicable state or local requirements with liability limits of at least $250,000 per person, $500,000 per accident, and $100,000 in property damage per accident (250/500/100).
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Back to top