Corporate Affairs Intern
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Corporate Affairs Intern will assist in the development of materials to communicate about Exact Sciences to a cross-section of external audiences, including internal team members, advocacy groups, key national partners, media, community sponsorships and government agencies. The position is intended to be a full-time opportunity for a communications, public relations or marketing undergraduate to obtain hands-on public relations experience contributing to the company’s effort to convey its mission and vision to key audiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide succinct, strongly written materials for use with media, stakeholders, advocacy groups and senior management
- Research key issues in the health care, biotech and investment sectors
- Support the development and delivery of media relations documents including pitch emails, press releases, blog posts and op-eds
- Communicate directly with senior management ahead of key events, including internal team meetings, public events and media activities
- Enrollment towards Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications or marketing in junior or senior standing
- 3.5 GPA or higher
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Understanding for media, advocacy groups and public affairs/political campaign
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Back to top