Commercial Operations Manager
Summary of Major Responsibilities
Responsible for planning and implementing cross-functional initiatives to accomplish business objectives on time and within budget. Acts as a change agent to drive implementation of commercial initiatives. Acts as primary liaison between Commercial Operations and other commercial and non-commercial functions to provide commercial operational support, as well as identify and implement improvements that address identified issues. This position reports to the VP, Commercial Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Builds and maintains relationships with key commercial stakeholders; acts as primary liaison between Commercial Operations and these key stakeholders to provide commercial operational support
- Identifies risks and opportunities; addresses and escalates as needed
- Consults with commercial and non-commercial key stakeholders to develop proposals; to include determining goals, timeline, funding and allotment of resources for implementing initiatives
- Directly or indirectly leads cross-functional teams to deliver solutions while managing scope, risks, timeline, resources and project deliverables
- Works with key stakeholders to identify improvement opportunities, to define requirements for new or updated processes and to drive effective change
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management, Marketing, Engineering, Management Information Systems or a related discipline
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional partners at all levels of the organization
- Five or more years of experience in medical technology or related field
- Two or more years of project management experience with demonstrated knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- Demonstrated ability to balance cost, quality and schedule constraints while escalating issues as needed. Demonstrated ability to prioritize and balance multiple competing priorities within and across multiple initiatives at the same time.
- Demonstrated experience in risk management, change management and strategic planning
- Demonstrated success with oral and written communications/presentations, influence and persuasion, results orientation, facilitation, and teamwork skills
- Experience working in a matrix management organization with primary responsibility for success while relying on a team of resources which may or may not be direct reports
- PMI Project Management certification
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time and up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees, customers, and vendors in person, via the telephone or by email
- Constant walking or motion to coordinate work and interact with co-workers
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. The Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
As a research scientist on the Product Development Team, Brenda’s core responsibilities revolve around new pipeline projects and process improvements to Exact Sciences’ Cologuard tests.
Back to top