Commercial Business Analyst
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Sales Excellence Business Liaison provides strategic business, operational, and analytical services to the commercial organization by acting as a connection between Sales, Commercial Operations, Data Services, and other IT teams to facilitate collection and documentation of business requirements. This position is responsible for then translating those requirements into technical documentation and conceptual design (using appropriate tools and models) from which applications and solutions are developed. The focus of this position is to work closely with the sales and commercial operations stakeholders to gain in-depth understanding of business strategy, processes, services, roadmap and the context in which the business operates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Requirements gathering through dialogue with business stakeholders. Clearly articulate and document the needs of the business.
- Translate business needs into technical requirements utilizing a structured process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing change) to assess and recommend solutions based on cost vs benefit analysis.
- Assess the risks of various solutions and prioritize competing business demands.
- Lead design reviews and validate proposed solutions.
- Develop test plans and assists in testing of software solutions. Participate in user acceptance testing and user training.
- Manage ongoing relationship with commercial and IT stakeholders to drive satisfaction and progress for the business.
- Proactively provide process improvement recommendations within a quickly evolving company.
- Trouble shoot issues and provide follow-up and resolutions back to end users.
- Manage enhancement requests and communicate release timings.
- Work with outside vendors to deliver solutions. Monitors and manages vendor relationship and performance.
- Provide leadership assistance to other analysts by modeling best-practices and approaches and serving as a coach to more junior colleagues.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
- Ability and means to travel between Madison locations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Computer Science/MIS, healthcare-related science or related degree.
- 3+ years of experience as a business analyst or in an operations role supporting a commercial function.
- 3+ years in a hands-on technical role (e.g. workstation engineer, server administration), technical project management, or systems development.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office to include Excel macros and pivot tables and Word mail merge.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Strong analytical skills, prioritization skills, business intuition, and organizational ability.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to operate in a cross cultural and complex matrix environment, and ability to build consensus across functions.
- Adaptable, open to change and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information or unexpected circumstances.
- Demonstrated capacity for decision making in complex scenarios and for holding one-self and others accountable to those decisions.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Back to top