Commercial Analytics Specialist
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Specialist (metrics), Commercial Analytics will work within the commercial team to complete a wide range of quantitative and qualitative analyses to help gather customer insights, identify trends/patterns and ultimately help inform strategies and tactics. This role will have exposure to senior management through communication of findings and the evaluation and implementation of strategies.
The position reports to the Director, Commercial Analytics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Generate & manage specific commercial dashboards and reporting. Liaise with business analysis, sales operations, finance and other teams as needed
- Create, track and report on key performance metrics for the commercial strategy to key stakeholders
- Identify key brand drivers and barriers both from qualitative research as well as quantitatively working with large datasets
- Support overall data input and analysis needs for Marketing and Sales business areas and lead or assist with issue identification as insights are gleaned from the data
- Consult with stakeholders across the marketing and other commercial business functions (sales, managed care, etc.) to drive awareness and solutions as data-driven concerns are identified
- Build and maintain forecasting tools and models that support fact-based decision making
- Develop & monitor Return On Investment (ROI) analysis for product-related initiatives
- Conduct industry sector and competitor research
- Help conduct or design market research surveys, analyze results and make recommendations to peers based on findings
- Effectively compile and communicate findings to leadership or stakeholders verbally, visually and in writing
- May provide analytics and intelligence support for the business development team as needed
- Perform ad hoc reporting as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management, finance, mathematics, statistics, marketing or related field with an excellent record of academic achievement
- At least one year of business experience
- Strong analytical skills, business intuition, and organizational ability
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to operate in a cross cultural and complex matrix environment, and ability to build consensus across functions
- Experienced in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Adaptable, open to change and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information or unexpected circumstances
- Past experience with data analytics, particularly with software such as Tableau
- Experience writing computer code (e.g. VBA, SQL, C++, Java, etc.)
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. The Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
Customer Care Specialist
Marco assists customers with Cologuard and guides patients through the process of using the product.
Back to top