Business Analyst - IT
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The business analyst acts as an intermediary between the business community and the technical community working with IT project teams and business clients to collect, clarify, and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design (using appropriate tools and models) from which applications and solutions are developed. The business analyst is an active thought partner and application visionary who shapes the technology demand among the business community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works to elicit high-level requirements and capture business needs through dialogue with business sponsors. Assesses client needs utilizing a structured process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes) to translate business requirements and recommend options, risks and cost vs. benefits. Clearly articulates and documents business requirements.
- Assesses the risks of various solutions and prioritizes competing business demands.
- Coordinates project delivery by participating in design reviews and walk-throughs to communicate systems designs and validate proposed solutions.
- Develops test plans and assists in testing of software solutions. Participate in user acceptance testing and user training.
- Manages ongoing relationship with business partner to drive satisfaction with IT.
- Proactively provides process improvement recommendations within a quickly evolving company. Proactively resolves customer satisfaction issues.
- Work with outside vendors to deliver solutions. Monitors and manages vendor performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Computer Science/MIS or the equivalent of education and work experience
- Strong analytical skills, business intuition, and organizational ability
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to operate in a cross cultural and complex matrix environment, and ability to build consensus across functions
- Adaptable, open to change and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information or unexpected circumstances.
- Past experience with business or data analytics.
- Two to three years of experience in a hands-on technical role (e.g. workstation engineer, server administration) or technical project management.
- Fast and enthusiastic learner.
- Ability to work in an office setting, operate telephony devices, and a computer.
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. The Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
As a research scientist on the Product Development Team, Brenda’s core responsibilities revolve around new pipeline projects and process improvements to Exact Sciences’ Cologuard tests.
Back to top