Business Acumen Training Manager
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Business Acumen Training Manager position is to optimize sales force effectiveness (SFE) through enhancement of the business acumen of the Exact Sciences’ field sales force. The primary responsibilities are to assess training needs and execute in the design, development, and delivery of appropriate content for all levels of the sales organization. Act as a primary liaison between Sales Force Effectiveness and the Commercial Operations team and other commercial functions to identify and implement strategies based on organizational priorities. This position will report directly to the Head of Sales Force Effectiveness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in the development of training initiatives with other SFE, Commercial Operations, and cross-functional partners as appropriate.
- Alignment with sales targeting and IC strategies, the role will design, develop, and deliver content in coordination with Commercial Operations.
- Directly or indirectly leads cross-functional teams to deliver business acumen solutions while managing scope, risks, timeline, resources and project deliverables.
- Works with key stakeholders to identify improvement opportunities and to determine the communication and training for new or updated processes.
- Delivering to a variety of audiences including internal and external sales representatives, area managers and account managers.
- Partner with sales and Commercial Operations to develop and deliver training processes and programs that are prioritized, scheduled, and driven by approved organizational strategy.
- Lead the design of curriculum and job aids that build mastery required to improve performance in field sales including: business analytics, knowledge of analytical tools, business planning and territory management.
- Deliver training through a variety of mediums (classroom, webinar, e-learning, teleconference, field visits, etc.).
- Contribute to a collaborative environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve both their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
- Maintains confidentiality always and enforces Sales Training and Exact Sciences Policies.
- Complies with all Exact Sciences Operational Guidelines and Code of Conduct and ensures that all activities, observed or taught, are also in accordance with these guidelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Minimum 4 years of sales experience including 1 year of experience other than sales
- Strong business acumen, business planning, and collaboration skills
- Ability to be flexible and adjust to multiple priorities
- Proficiency with managing a CRM, business analytics tools, and Excel
- Strong communication (written and oral), and presentation skills (small and large groups)
- Demonstrates Leadership and Accountability in current role
- Travel limited to assisting various meetings outside of Madison office
- Experience in project management and developing and delivering effective presentations
- Sales training and/or marketing or other diverse commercial experience is preferred
- Master’s Degree
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics, Tableau and Excel
- Product Launch or Expansion Launch experience
- Experience leading advisory groups and mentoring
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. The Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Exact Sciences, or if you may require a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call our Recruitment Coordinator at 608-535-8841 or email [email protected].
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
Senior Manager, Accounting
As Senior Manager of Accounting for Exact Science’s Finance Team, Ashley’s main responsibilities are external financial reporting, maintaining a sound internal control structure, and administering the company’s stock plans.
Back to top