Bilingual Customer Care Specialist
- Madison, WI
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Bilingual Customer Care Specialist provides world class service to health care providers, patients and the general public. The Bilingual Customer Care Specialist is responsible for answering incoming calls in both Spanish and English as well as placing outbound calls as needed. The Customer Care Specialist may also be responsible for managing inbound calls as a member of the Revenue Cycle Call Team.
Video Credit: TheMuse.com. To view more of our content on the Muse, click here.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers and responds to incoming calls in English and Spanish, as well as other inbound contacts.
- Places outbound calls in English and Spanish as required in the support of the testing process.
- Translates English to Spanish and Spanish to English written and verbal communications.
- Receives escalated calls from patients, providers or insurance payers related to client accounts.
- Provides customers with product and service information and routes contacts to the appropriate resources.
- Documents all information according to standard operating procedures.
- Recommends changes to ensure high quality customer service.
- Stays current with relevant guidelines and policies for medical devices (e.g., HIPAA, Medical Device Reporting, etc.).
- Ensures compliance with all Company quality procedures and guidelines including but not limited to Quality Policy and Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Performs all job duties according to Contact Center policies and procedures in a timely and productive manner.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner in all interactions with employees of Exact Sciences, patients, providers and other clients.
- Ability to work in a team environment and adapt to changing workload and circumstances effectively; able to respond to new information quickly.
- Ability to stay focused on a task and work independently.
- Demonstrated knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Meets standards for production and accuracy within 3 months of start date in role.
- Regular and reliable attendance; reports to work on time and follows attendance guidelines.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to work designated schedule which may include nights and/or weekends.
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
- Ability to listen and speak on the telephone and write simultaneously.
- Ability to operate telephone system and computer keyboard and printer.
- Ability to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb and forefinger; turn with hand/arm; reach above shoulder height.
- You will be required to successfully complete an assessment showing understanding of Exact Sciences Epic processes necessary to the job functions with a score of 80% or higher. Exact Sciences will make a reasonable accommodation available if necessary to assist an employee with a disability to satisfy this requirement.
- High School diploma or GED.
- 4+ years of customer service experience with demonstrated exceptional customer experience, preferable in inbound/outbound contact center in the healthcare industry.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Some college course work.
- Previous work in a laboratory environment.
- Knowledge of contact center telephony and technology.
- Demonstrates initiative and willingness to continuously improve processes.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Back to top