Associate Lead Clinical Laboratory - Tuesday - Friday, 8:00pm - 6:30am shift - $2,000 sign on bonus!
- Madison, WI
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Associate Lead Clinical Laboratory (known internally as the Technical Laboratory Workflow Coordinator) performs and functions within the Technical Laboratory under the guided direction of the Technical Laboratory Supervisor, Lead or designee. In this support position, the Technical Laboratory Workflow Coordinator ensures daily lab operations are effective and efficient by coordinating with the Technical Laboratory Supervisor or Lead to anticipate and resolve issues related to efficiencies in throughput, staffing and laboratory processes. The Technical Laboratory Workflow Coordinator is expected to spend approximately 50% of their time performing laboratory testing on the bench in the same capacity as the Clinical Laboratory Scientist.
We are offering a $2,000 sign on bonus to new hires for this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies errors and problems and assists in troubleshooting daily workflow.
- Assists the department supervisor in ensuring that all section turn-around times are maintained.
- Assists the lead and supervisor by answering questions and following up on concerns.
- Assigns and organizes general workflow and additional work priorities under the direction of the Technical Laboratory Supervisor and Lead.
- Maintains ethical standards in the performance of testing and in interactions with patients, coworkers and other health care professionals.
- Assists with knowledge transfer of changes and additions to laboratory procedures, processes and policies, including methodology and instrument operation.
- May be requested to give lectures or provide demonstrations. May assist the education coordinator in the development of objectives, learning activities and evaluation mechanisms.
- Performs moderate, and/or highly complex analytic processes without direct supervision. Interprets problems with specimens which meet the rejection criteria for unacceptable samples. Makes the decision to reject a sample and request recollection to ensure validity of results.
- Operates laboratory instruments and ensures proper functioning of laboratory equipment.
- Completes and documents required maintenance activities on equipment, recognizes and elevates potential issues reporting service needs to leadership for resolution.
- Performs quality control procedures as specified and maintains quality control records and documentation necessary to meet the standards of accrediting agencies.
- Understands appropriate specimen collection, handling and transport procedures.
- Prepares specimens for analysis and determines acceptability of samples within guidelines.
- Assists in developing procedures for specimen collection, handling and transport to maintain specimen integrity and viability.
- Validates acceptability of test results by reviewing test parameters.
- Identifies the technical, instrumental and/or physiologic causes of unexpected test results.
- Monitors quality assurance and assists in data collection and preparation of QA indicators.
- Performs internal and external proficiency testing. Handles proficiency testing samples in the same manner as patient samples.
- Meets work product output expectations maintaining all section turn-around times.
- Complies with safety and hazard regulations as outlined in the Clinical Laboratory Safety Manual.
- Provides limited technical information and/or instruction when assigned.
- Contributes to design, research, review and writing of laboratory procedures as assigned.
- Remains informed of procedure updates and changes and ensures employees demonstrate knowledge and competency regarding changes.
- Maintains open and effective communication with personnel in work team, and with members of other teams throughout the laboratory.
- Demonstrates professional demeanor, in personal appearance and behavior, in all work-related interactions.
- Provides constructive criticism for modification of laboratory procedures, policies and scheduling.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to stakeholder requests in a professional and timely manner.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- All assigned job duties are performed following laboratory policies and procedures.
- Observes principles of data security and patient confidentiality. Maintains ethical standards in the performance of testing and in interactions with patients, co-workers and other health care professionals
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds for approximately 25% of a typical working day.
- Ability to stand up to 40% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 75% of a typical working day.
- Ability to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb and forefinger; turn with hand/arm; reach above shoulder height.
- Bachelor’s degree in Clinical Laboratory Science/Medical Technology or in the chemical or biological sciences. Must satisfy the education requirements of the applicable certifying agency, i.e. ASCP.
- Appropriate certification from one of the nationally recognized certification agencies, i.e. ASCP or state licensure that has been determined to be equivalent.
- 1+ years of experience in a clinical laboratory setting.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- 2+ years of experience within the Exact Sciences Technical Laboratory.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Back to top