Associate Director, Inside Sales
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Associate Director, Inside Sales is responsible for leading a team of first-line leaders and Inside Sales Representatives (ISRs) within the inside sales team. This role is responsible for driving and achieving a sales quota, and support of Exact Sciences’ products to physicians and other health care providers, via inbound and outbound call efforts. The role will also be responsible for the strategic direction of their area while working cross functionally within the business to pull through initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support sales, budget and revenue targets and maintain ongoing reporting of progress with management team.
- Successfully lead and manage first-line leaders.
- Communicate goals clearly to employees to ensure understanding and success in achieving them.
- Motivate and inspire employees to do their best work through coaching.
- Maintain morale and support employee engagement initiatives.
- Act as backup for the Director of the Inside Sales function.
- Become an embedded collaborative partner across other business functions by leading projects and/or initiatives to support development of higher-level leadership skills and business knowledge.
- Successfully lead and support the recruitment and selection of highly qualified employees, ensuring effective training and development of the sales force and providing coaching and ongoing performance management of the team.
- Responsible for reviewing first line leaders’ Call Coaching Reports (CCRs) to determine coaching opportunities for the first-line leader, GAPs in training, and opportunities. In addition, will spend a portion of time coaching over the phone to both ISR and first-line leader.
- Provide ongoing performance management by holding first-line leaders to expectations - g. team objectives, sales strategy, call activities, selling skills, etc.
- Responsible for performing regular business reviews, and making strategic business decisions - e.g. forecasting, prioritizing resources, goal setting, targeting, market trends.
- Highly analytical with ability to aggregate/analyze/interpret data pulled from CRM/Tableau to provide necessary direction to redirect outbound efforts if needed.
- Recognize GAPs and work with commercial training teams to help build out training.
- Work cross functionally in a strategic way to pull through systems, determine resources, help implementations, and drive other corporate priorities.
- Accountable for assigned area’s sales targets and maintain ongoing reporting of progress with Inside Sales Director.
- Occasional field rides to keep selling skills fresh on what the field is doing.
- Interview to scale and backfill positions as needed.
- Establish and maintain ongoing communication and team operating mechanisms to ensure appropriate information (customer insights, market trends & competitive data) is shared, and collaboration within and outside of the team is taking place.
- Responsible for ensuring sales force compliance in all Quality, Regulatory and Company policies and guidelines.
- Demonstrate effective leadership; drive performance through coaching; motivate & inspire team; provide clear expectations, ongoing feedback and opportunities for continuous development.
- Ensure the effective use of sales process and approved product marketing and promotion material.
- Leverage Marketing, field-based Area Managers and Account Managers, and other Company resources as necessary to provide the essential technical, clinical and business content to create a competitive differentiation and deliver solutions that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work seated for approximately 90% of a typical working day. Ability to work standing for approximately 10% of a typical working day.
- Ability and means to travel between Madison locations.
- Ability to travel 15% of working time away from work location, may include overnight/weekend travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in sales and/or commercial function.
- 3+ years of experience leading or directing people.
- Basic computer skills to include Internet navigation, Email usage, and word processing.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Experience leading field-sales representatives at Exact Sciences.
- Experience leading a sales team in healthcare field.
- Experience managing and leading first-line leaders.
- Willingness and ability to relocate.
- Career aspirations in field-based sales leadership positions.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Back to top