Assistant General Counsel
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Assistant General Counsel will provide broad legal support for the Company. A principal responsibility will be reviewing and negotiating contracts on behalf of the Company and its affiliates in all areas of the Company’s functions, including marketing, sales, manufacturing, and research and development, as well as monitoring performance under current and future contracts. The Assistant General Counsel would be expected to efficiently manage outside counsel that may be used to assist in these efforts. The Assistant General Counsel will also support significant transactions by conducting research, facilitating due diligence, and participating in negotiations appropriate for the selected candidate’s experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Negotiating and reviewing contracts in a wide scope of legal and business areas
- Collaborating with business areas to manage and monitor contract activity
- Conducting legal research as needed
- Working with and overseeing outside counsel as needed
- Supporting Legal department and providing assistance on special projects as needed, including litigation matters
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time and up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to sit for an extended period of time
- Ability to travel as needed
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school
- 1+ years’ experience practicing law in private practice or in-house
- Contract drafting, reviewing, and negotiating experience
- Must be willing to be aggressive to support the company’s goals and needs while also collaborative and a team player
- Must be proactive and have the ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment with shifting priorities
- Demonstrated willingness to work hard
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously within defined timelines and prioritize when necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Adaptable, open to change and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information and unexpected circumstances
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship
- 2+ years’ experience practicing law in private practice or in-house
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
- Healthcare and/or life-sciences background or experience
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
Andrea A.Supervisor, Provider Support
Andrea has grown a career at Exact Sciences from specialist to supervisor on the Provider Support team. Her team delivers high quality customer service by assisting providers with product orders and providing field representatives with in-depth answers to questions received in the field.
Alice H.Specimen Processing Lead
As a Specimen Processing Lead, Alice manages and prioritizes workflow in the laboratory in order to deliver quality samples for testing—and participates in the interview and hiring process for her department. Since filming, Alice has been promoted to Clinical Laboratory Quality Assurance Associate.
Back to top