Area Manager - Lake Erie
Summary of Major Responsibilities
This position is responsible for managing field sales representatives located in the Lake Erie area. Candidates must be located within the territory to be considered for this position. The field-based Area Manager is responsible for leading a team of territory managers within a designated area in a Region. The Area Manager is responsible for the effective promotion of Exact Sciences’ products to physicians, integrated delivery networks (IDNs), Multi-Specialty clinics and other health care providers within the designated area. The Area Manager will recruit, train, coach, lead and provide performance management for the Territory Managers in addition to directly promoting Exact Sciences’ products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Successfully manage 8-12 direct reports including the recruitment and selection of highly qualified Territory Managers, ensuring effective training and development of the sales force and providing coaching and ongoing performance management of the team.
- Travel with direct reports in order to observe and provide training and coaching.
- Through area team, successfully forecast and achieve quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Manage the assigned area’s sales targets and maintain ongoing reporting of progress with management team.
- Establish and maintain ongoing communication and team operating mechanisms to ensure appropriate information is shared and collaboration within and outside of the team is taking place.
- Responsible for ensuring sales force compliance in all Quality, Regulatory and Company policies and guidelines.
- Proactively identify and build strong relationships with key thought leaders and decision makers in area.
- Demonstrate effective leadership; drive effective performance through coaching, motivating & inspiring team of territory managers; provide clear expectations, ongoing feedback and opportunities for continuous development
- Collect ongoing customer insights, market trends & competitive data from sales force and communicate to leadership and peers.
- Leverage up-to-date product and technical expertise to effectively present and discuss the technology and clinical benefits in terms which are relevant to customers.
- Ensure the effective use of sales process and approved product marketing and product promotion material by regional sales force.
- Leverage Medical Science Liaisons, Key Account Managers and other Company resources as necessary to provide the necessary technical, clinical and business content to create a competitive differentiation and deliver solutions that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Effectively manage open territories while recruiting for new personnel should a territory be vacated within designated area.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education level
- 5 years of experience in a customer-facing sales role in a medical, healthcare or technical field
- At least one year of experience in a leadership capacity (this can include previous supervisory experience, serving full time in a training role, completing a 12 month stretch assignment within Exact)
- Demonstrated skillset in effective sales process and deal closure
- Demonstrated ability to effectively train and educate others
- Proven, effective time management, expense reporting , prioritization and delegation skills
- Effective English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Outstanding influencing, interpersonal and networking skills to drive successful relationship building
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills with demonstrated experience reporting and tracking sales force metrics
- Effective presentation skills; able to present ideas to customers in a way that produces understanding and impact.
- Must be willing to travel at least 60% within designated area and some travel outside of area as needed for regional or national leadership meetings
- Must possess a valid driver's license, have no more than 2 moving violations in the past 36 months, and have no unresolved revocation or suspension issues
- Preferred experience selling and/or leading a sales team in primary care physician office or OB/GYN practice settings
- Experience in a sales leadership role during a product launch
- Advanced degree is preferred
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. The Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
As a research scientist on the Product Development Team, Brenda’s core responsibilities revolve around new pipeline projects and process improvements to Exact Sciences’ Cologuard tests.
Back to top