Application Quality Assurance Analyst
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Application Quality Assurance Analyst will execute the test strategy and approach for designated Exact Sciences solutions. This role will be responsible for testing of software through the entire software development life cycle. This role is hands-on and requires strategic thinking and planning to ensure all requirements are met for overall quality of the intended solutions both functionally and technically. The Application Quality Assurance Analyst will also be responsible for release scheduling and planning to ensure all requirements are met for overall quality of the intended solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the coordination of release planning and scheduling.
- Ensures all prerequisite tasks are complete and ready for deployment.
- Maintains effective communication with the application quality assurance lead, analysts, project managers, developers and other associated resources.
- Responsible for assuring that output from the software development process includes adequate identification and interpretation of product requirements, such as a) traceability requirements, b) test requirements, c) usability, etc.
- Reviews product design documentation to ensure that requirements stated are correct, unambiguous, and verifiable.
- Assists in generation of use cases to ensure that all functional requirements of a system are captured during the product design phase.
- Consults with product development to evaluate system interfaces, operational requirements, and performance requirements of overall system.
- Defines test methods and creates test plans for new or updated software projects to determine if the software will perform accurately and reliably according to documented requirements as well as established standards under both normal and abnormal conditions.
- Recommends design improvements or corrections to engineers throughout the development process.
- Maintains effective communication with the project managers, developers and other associated resources.
- Executes test plans and creates test reports to describe program evaluation, testing, and correction.
- Monitors program performance after implementation to prevent reoccurrence of program operating problems and ensure efficiency of operation.
- Conducts compatibility tests with vendor and non-vendor-provided programs.
- Works with Application Quality Assurance and Information Technology teams to develop and maintain standards, processes, and documentation.
- Identifies business needs and assist in recommendations for technology solutions.
- Acts as a resource for employees by providing insight, recommendations, and assistance with technical and non-technical questions.
- Promotes the role and capabilities of IT to enhance the professional development of all Exact Sciences employees through example, recommendation, and accommodation.
- Attends annual systems user conferences and training sessions as appropriate.
- Special projects as business needs require.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science or information technology, or equivalent education and work experience.
- A minimum of 4 years of related work experience in Software Quality Assurance.
- Clear communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to write test plans and test cases. Ability to communicate bugs to developers and other stakeholders.
- Self-starter, highly organized; Works well with all functional levels in the organization; excellent presentation and interpersonal skills; high level of business management and facilitation skills; capability to resolve complex problems.
- Meets our core values; Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability, Innovation and Quality.
- Proven ability to work within a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to operate in a cross cultural environment, and ability to build consensus across functions.
- Adaptable, open to change and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information or unexpected circumstances
- Experience with the following platforms and related systems integration:
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Test Automation Frameworks or Software
- Knowledge and practical experience with FDA, QSR, ISO 13485, and other Quality System requirements.
- Previous clinical laboratory or medical device experience
- Ability to work in an office setting, operate telephony devices, and a computer.
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. The Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
As a research scientist on the Product Development Team, Brenda’s core responsibilities revolve around new pipeline projects and process improvements to Exact Sciences’ Cologuard tests.
Back to top