Analyst, Operational Analytics
- Madison, WI
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Analyst, Operational Analytics is a cross-functional internal consultant to the business that will work primarily in support of the Laboratory and Manufacturing teams, supervising and completing a wide range of quantitative and qualitative analyses to help inform company strategy and run the business more effectively.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Laboratory (clinical lab along with order-to-cash and call center support functions) and Manufacturing teams in making key strategic decisions.
- Support fact-based decision-making and measurement of operational effectiveness (i.e. new process operating as designed) and/or economics (i.e. ROI) of company initiatives.
- Assist building and maintaining analysis, models or dashboards to support forecasting, capacity planning, economic optimization, process optimization and performance management processes.
- Analyze company data to identify trends, issues and opportunities for improvement.
- Support the evaluation of the economic and/or operational impact of new products and/or strategies.
- Liaise with other business units as needed, including (but not limited to) finance, HR, business development, sales, marketing, IT and R&D.
- Effectively compile and communicate findings to leadership or stakeholders verbally, visually and in writing.
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis, as needed.
- Strong analytical skills, business intuition, and ability to build consensus across functions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to operate in a matrixed cross-cultural and cross-functional environment.
- Adaptable, open to change and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information or unexpected circumstances.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work designated schedule.
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
- Ability and means to travel between (either Madison or Red Wood City) locations.
- Ability to travel 5% of working time away from work location, may include overnight/weekend travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field; or high school degree/general education diploma and 4 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- 3+ years of relevant business experience.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Excel and PowerPoint.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Science, Engineering, Business or Finance.
- Experience with data analytics software, such as Tableau.
- Experience writing SQL queries.
- Working understanding of statistical methods for data analysis.
- Experience with laboratory, healthcare, or medical device industries.
- Experience with laboratory or healthcare revenue cycle.
- Working understanding of database design.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Meet Some of Exact Sciences's Employees
Andrea A.Supervisor, Provider Support
Andrea has grown a career at Exact Sciences from specialist to supervisor on the Provider Support team. Her team delivers high quality customer service by assisting providers with product orders and providing field representatives with in-depth answers to questions received in the field.
Alice H.Specimen Processing Lead
As a Specimen Processing Lead, Alice manages and prioritizes workflow in the laboratory in order to deliver quality samples for testing—and participates in the interview and hiring process for her department. Since filming, Alice has been promoted to Clinical Laboratory Quality Assurance Associate.
Back to top