Administrative Assistant, Commercial
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant – Commercial performs a variety of general and specific administrative duties, including report preparation, PowerPoint presentations, organizing and participating in meetings, managing calendars, scheduling and arranging travel plans, etc. This position regularly interfaces with leadership team members, managers and other employees or vendors, etc. to gather and exchange information. Reports to the Coordinator, Commercial Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative and clerical support for the functional leads (VP and above level) for Commercial Operations, Marketing, Sales, Market Access, and/or Medical Affairs. Handle details of a highly confidential and critical nature.
- Receive incoming calls, manage requests for information/assistance, and route other calls as appropriate.
- Provide backup assistance to the Receptionist, which includes answering incoming phone calls, distributing mail and preparing outgoing mail.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, may prepare agendas, keep minutes, reserve rooms, and arrange for catering food services.
- Assisting the commercial team with contract tracking and filing, which includes monitoring new contract statuses and filing each revision during negotiation and signature process.
- Administration of the External Support process, including accepting and tracking requests, ensuring timely review, and communicating decisions.
- Assist with preparing slides and tracking data as requested.
- Maintain shared files for commercial materials.
- Monitor multiple shared email inboxes; triage requests as appropriate.
- Assist with developing and maintaining shared filing system, helping commercial team to track critical information.
- Draft correspondence and presentations, types from notes, transcribes from voice recording dictation, edits, proofreads, formats, photocopies, faxes, files, etc. which may be of a confidential nature. Prepares presentation materials for meetings.
- Provide support for the broader commercial team, including the Commercial Operations, Marketing, Sales, Market Access, and Medical Affairs units, as needed.
- Arrange travel schedules and reservations for commercial staff and external guests as needed.
- Maintain clear and complete records as well as follows procedures to comply with all elements of Exact Sciences’ Quality System relevant to the position.
Occasional Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide backup assistance to other Assistants as needed.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously within defined timelines and prioritize when necessary.
- Must be proficient in using basic software applications including Microsoft Office; prefer above-average skills with Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interface and work effectively with all levels of the organization, vendors, customers, etc.
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Adaptable, open to change and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information and unexpected circumstances.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and effectively connect with others; approachable & viewed as a responsive resource for employees and leaders.
Education and Experience
- Associates degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least five (5) years of professional work experience, preferably in an administrative assistant capacity, with experience in the healthcare field.
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time and up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to sit for an extended period of time.
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees, customers, etc. face-to-face, via the telephone or by email.
Exact Sciences is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program is available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Back to top