Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Accounting Intern will assist in the day-to-day accounting responsibilities with a focus on account reconciliations and the related Sarbanes Oxley controls. The position is intended to be a full-time opportunity for a current or recent business undergraduate to obtain hands-on experience in the area of financial accounting for a public SEC filer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain accounting policies and procedures that are in compliance with applicable government regulations (SOX,GAAP, IFRS)
- Perform daily cash and bank reconciliation report and record corresponding journal entries
- Perform general account analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, accruals, and prepaid expenses
- Assist with maintaining general ledger accounts are reconciled to subsidiary records on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy
- Assist in financial statement preparation through account classifications and transactional coding
- Assemble information for external auditors for quarterly reviews or annual audit
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Enrollment towards Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance in junior or senior standing
- 3.5 GPA or higher
- May be required to lift up to 25lbs on an infrequent basis up to 20% of the time.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Back to top