Senior Software Engineer
- Cambridge, MA
EverQuote is seeking a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to join our growing Ad Technologies team in building a performance marketing technologies platform. As a senior member of the Engineering team, you will be instrumental in delivering architecture improvements that will scale EverQuote’s systems. In addition, you will provide technical leadership to the team, leveraging your experience to mentor and guide more junior engineers.
This role is for someone who enjoys building and scaling services that solve critical business processes through technology, optimizing stakeholder and vendor interactions and driving consumer response. You will improve the relationship with our consumers through creativity and problem-solving using a wide range of tools.
Who you are:
- Software Engineer with 5+ years of professional experience that includes building complex systems at scale
- Proficient in a server side language like Python, Go, Java, or Ruby and related libraries & frameworks
- Proficient in SQL and experience in various data stores and platforms like AWS RDS, Snowflake, Redis
- Experience in AWS Architecture and related infrastructure tooling
- Experience building systems that adhere to performance, stability and observability standards
- Capable of researching new technologies, implementing proofs of concept and communicating learnings to the team
- A passionate advocate for engineering best practices
- Able to quickly diagnose and solve code problems, as well as help others unblock themselves
- Actively leverage data to support and validate your concepts
- Experience with microservice based architecture and basic understanding of Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience creating integrations with partner APIs
- Experience implementing CI/CD
- Experience with automated testing
- Passionate about partnering with product and stakeholders to build positive experiences through business outcomes
- Will enjoy being part of a tight-knit team of talented engineers
We get it. Requirements can sometimes hold people back from applying to a job, but don’t let that be the case here. If you believe you have the skills it takes to elevate this role, team, and company, we encourage you to apply for this role.
EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) operates the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. We make insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and providers time and money. Our goal is to reshape the way consumers shop and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
EverQuote is committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Back to top