Senior Product Manager
- Cambridge, MA
We are excited to be hiring for a new addition to the Auto team! This role will own execution of the product roadmap for EverQuote’s central and largest business unit - the Auto Insurance Marketplace. As part of the Auto product team, you will design, deliver, plan and drive tech innovations to enable business growth and critical operations. Specifically, you will partner with the SVP Product of Auto on strategy, with other functions such as Distribution, Traffic Acquisition, Legal, & Finance on translating their business needs into world class technical specifications, and with multiple development teams to design, architect and deliver those solutions. You will be the driving force of product execution - from defining product roadmaps, feature story prioritization, development and launch, to measuring metrics and monitoring day to day progress of these programs. You will provide direct visibility to Auto Vertical leadership on all aspects of your programs on a regular cadence.
Who you are:
You make decisions on a daily basis, and embrace the discomfort that comes from making decisions in ambiguous situations. To do this, you rely on strong analytical capabilities, combined with structured thinking and problem-solving skills. You have top notch oral and written communication skills which enable you to manage stakeholder expectations and bring everyone along with your recommendations. Together with your understanding of the strategic big-picture, being detail-oriented and highly organized helps you move forward simultaneously on multiple fronts. You have proven leadership skills in a very fast-paced and highly demanding environment. You have a strong software development background with expert-level fluency in the software development cycle, and in managing and delivering large cross-functional programs. Fluency in SQL and Excel for self-service data analysis purposes is a must. You will be calm and composed in times of crisis and be able to respond to escalations with data and causal analysis.
What you’ll be doing:
- Contribute to the creation of the consumer-focused software product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis
- Own the creation of creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture
- Evaluate product development scope by understanding customer needs
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
- Create buy-in for your roadmap both internally and with key external partners
- Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver software products to market
- Drive product launches including working with business development team, executives, and other product management team members
- 4+ years of comparable internet product management experience, including consumer and eCommerce product management.
- BS/BA or equivalent experience (MBAs are great but not a requirement).
- Broad technical breadth including familiarity with web front end, web services and back-end application infrastructure
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver software projects on tight deadlines
- Experience coordinating complex product development cycles and software development schedules
- Mastery of Agile Software Development methodologies at scale.
- Uses a combination of metrics, research and intuition to evaluate opportunities, to establish roadmaps and build solutions.
- Ensures that projects are completed in an appropriate and timely manner, acknowledging mistakes, learning from them and always moving forward productively.
- Excellent communication to effectively and efficiently articulate both strategic vision and specific technical details to various stakeholders, from senior leadership to individual contributors.
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
We get it. Requirements can sometimes hold people back from applying to a job, but don’t let that be the case here. If you believe you have the skills it takes to elevate this role, team, and company, we encourage you to apply for this role.
EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) operates the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. We make insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and providers time and money. Our goal is to reshape the way consumers shop and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
EverQuote is committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Back to top