Principal Software Engineer
- Belfast, United Kingdom
Contract: Full time, Permanent
EverQuote's mission is to empower customers to better protect life's most important assets - their family, property, and future.
At its heart EverQuote is a technology company. Our goal is to become the world's largest online source of insurance policies for customers across the globe by using data and technology to make insurance simpler, more affordable and personalized.
At EverQuote NI we work with the latest and greatest technologies, we offer incredible learning and development opportunities, we value the diversity of our people and invest in outstanding career progression and unrivalled flexibility and work/life balance.
About the Role
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will have responsibility for the architecture decision making within the team and you will ensure we build scalable, performant, easy to maintain and cost optimised solutions. You will be joining a team of talented, collaborative engineers eager to grow and deliver. You will shine as a mentor to the team, providing technical insight and guidance.
What you’ll be doing:
- Drive the architectural discussions and decision making within your team.
- Design and development of key business applications and solutions.
- Coach and mentor junior engineers within the team and organisation
- Adhere to our Software Development processes whilst improving our Engineering culture by identifying and addressing inefficiencies in our processes
- Proactively engage with cross functional stakeholders including Product Managers and Architecture team.
Skills we are interested in:
- Programming languages such as Java, Python or Go.
- Engineering systems/applications at scale
- Cloud native services (AWS)
- Microservice based architecture
- Container based solutions such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Continuous integration and deployment tools
- Secure development best practices
We get it. Requirements can sometimes hold people back from applying to a job, but don’t let that be the case here. If you believe you have the skills it takes to elevate this role, team, and company, we encourage you to apply for this role.
EverQuote can offer you:
- The opportunity to join a world leading team of experts striving to redefine an industry with data and technology at its heart.
- An inclusive environment designed to develop your interests and passions while learning and achieving your goals
- Competitive salary
- Performance based bonus plan
- Flexible work environment
- Work From Home Allowance
- 30 days annual leave plus 4 stats.
- Pension plan
- Group Benefit Scheme - Private Healthcare, Dental and Optical insurance for you and your family
- Enhanced parental leave
- CSR and Social Events
Back to top