Senior Product Designer, Growth
About the team:
The Evernote Design team is the creative collective responsible for producing a seamless and delightful user experience, from sign-up to the thousandth note. We work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to define and deliver product experiences that enhance people’s lives at work and at play.
Why growth design is special:
Growth is an emergent field. We’d be lying if we said we fully understood it ourselves, but we do know it takes a special kind of person to be successful. Growth experimentation is an alchemical process that calls upon art, psychology, reason, the scientific method, chance, luck, and magic. You have to be relentlessly creative and brutally optimistic, and the more skills you have across your T-shape the better. One of our designers wrote a great post about it. Give it a read! The Product Designer's Guide to Growth
What you'll do:
As a Senior Product Designer on the Growth Experiments team, you will work with an incredible group of designers, developers, product managers, and data analysts to identify and execute on a wide range of strategic tactics for getting people more engaged with Evernote. You will craft memorable educational experiences, reimagine and refine the UX of key features and flows, and build new engagement features and amazing onboarding experiences. Together, we will design tons of growth experiments, and we will move numbers.
- Be the voice in the room that always puts the user first—constantly looking for ways to accomplish business objectives through experiences that are delightful and meaningful for real people.
- Carry ideas from inception through development and multiple rounds of iteration.
- Define and execute A/B tests and multivariate experiment designs, flowcharts, prototypes, UI mockups, technical specs, and production assets.
- Translate quantitative data and qualitative insights into creative ideas and informed design decisions.
- Drive a high level of visual fidelity across products.
- Provide and solicit actionable feedback to move designs forward.
- Balance a large volume of design initiatives at high velocity and keep your head straight.
- Learn. All the time, every day.
For this particular role we are looking for someone with experience on both B2C and B2B products. Experience with funnel optimization, engagement initiatives, onboarding experimentation, and a deep understanding of habit-forming loops is a huge plus. You don’t have to have explicit growth experience, but you do need deep product experience and an eagerness to learn, and unlearn.
It’s also great if you:
- Have a growth mindset. This role requires you to learn quickly and recognize on a deep level that everything is changeable, everything can be better.
- Are articulate. Be able to formulate and present an evidence-based point of view that supports your design decisions. There’s a lot of debate on the growth team and you can’t be afraid of that.
- Are eager to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Have experience designing engaging user experiences for both web and native apps.
- Have a strong sense of visual/UI design and typography.
- Are proficient in user-centered design thinking methodologies and rapid iterative experimentation.
- Can prototype designs in lo- and hi-fidelity, and know when to do which.
- Have a proven track-record for shipping high quality experiences.
- Have 4+ years of relevant product experience.
- Hold a B.A., B.S. or M.A. in design, HCI, or equivalent experience.
- Happen to be a ninja. We’re not just being cute here. To succeed in this role you must be quick, clever, resourceful, nimble, focused, and above all, 100% committed to the mission.
Meet Some of Evernote's Employees
Senior Engineering Manager
Jared leads the Growth Engineering Team, building out the data, communications, and payment systems to help users get the most value out of Evernote.
Back to top