The Evernote Editor team is looking for an engineer who has what it takes to build production-ready web and desktop applications and is excited about building the best note editor on the planet.
About the team
We are the team that builds the Note Editor, a common component in all of Evernote's current and next-generation clients. We're currently working on building a brand new editing experience for our millions of users.
What you'll do
- You will write code for multiple platforms (i.e. browsers, desktop web views, mobile web views)
- You will develop production high-quality software using an agile style development process
- You will work with QA, developers and designers to build robust, polished applications
What you've done
- You have a BS Degree in CS, or similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Experience delivering production quality software within a small team of developers, QA, designers and product management
- Familiar with rich text editing in a browser
- You’re comfortable making software design decisions and weighing in on choices that impact everything from product design to team process, from system architecture to algorithmic improvements, and from CSS details to overall user experience
- You have experience working well in a team setting. You're happy to help others out and aren't afraid to ask for help when you need it
Characteristics that will make you successful in the role
- You enjoy and take pride in writing elegant, reliable, testable, and maintainable code
- You love setting up goals and delivering on them
- You help and mentor those around you
- You adapt as requirements change, and believe that flexibility and implementation speed lead to a better product
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Evernote. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global Evernote Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.
Back to top