Product Designer, Teams
About the team
The Evernote Product Design team is the creative force responsible for producing a precise and delightful user experience, from sign-up to crafting the thousandth note. We work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to define and deliver product experiences that enhance people’s lives at work and at play.
As a Product Designer on our Evernote Business Team, your main focus will be crafting a user-friendly and intuitive experience for millions of people who work in teams and want to stay organized and productive. You will have the chance to define the future direction of the product experience thru application of design thinking and design innovation skills. Together, we work to continuously improve and refine the usefulness, usability and aesthetics of the Evernote experience for our users around the globe.
What you'll do
- You're the voice that always puts the user first. You constantly look for ways that we can accomplish our objectives through experiences that are enjoyable and meaningful for real people.
- You'll craft and deliver high-level user stories, UX flows, wireframes, prototypes, design mockups, specs, and production assets.
- You'll "own" the designs you create from end-to-end—soliciting data and usability testing, building business cases, and looking after the experience past spec delivery and through to implementation.
- You'll deliver visually delightful designs that are aligned with modern web guidelines and the Evernote style guide.
- You'll collaborate across teams with other Product Designers, Product Management, Engineering and Marketing on future concepts to help teams in small business move their ideas to action. More specifically, you'll work with Product Managers to define and refine the products that we build.
- You're able to effectively negotiate your design solutions with Product and Engineering, and validate through user research. We embrace the triad and are active partners with our product teams.
- You provide actionable feedback gracefully and without ego, and don't hesitate to seek guidance yourself.
- You're adaptable. You will be working to define requirements while simultaneously designing for those requirements.
What we'll do
- We'll work together as a team to continuously define and improve the Evernote user experience, increasing consistency and user joy in even the smallest interactions.
- We'll develop new skills, adopt new tools and continuously hone our craft to stay on the cutting edge of product design.
- We'll support each other, every day, to make Design at Evernote a truly notable place to work.
- We'll work together to work in cross-functional teams to ensure a truly agile product development process.
- We'll work collaboratively with the UX Research Team to conduct design thinking workshops with users and their teams to co-create the future product direction based on a deep understanding of the customer.
What you've done
- You've designed and shipped engaging user experiences, and you have a strong understanding of human interface guidelines and mobile usability.
- You've developed a refined sense of visual design and typography. You know when to push the boundaries of the aforementioned interface guidelines.
- You know how to make rational design decisions. You can explain not just why a design looks good, but why it is likely to measurably boost engagement and user happiness.
- Experience with interaction design and systematic thinking. You recognize that product design isn’t only about the pixels; it’s about solving complex problems in unrivaled and creative ways.
- A natural tendency to take initiative and own projects. The details matter, and you're committed to getting it done right.
- You're a phenomenal communicator, and can effectively convey your opinions to peers respectfully, candidly and with clear expertise.
- 3+ years of professional product design experience.
- B.A./B.S. in design, HCI, or equivalent experience.
Please provide a link to your portfolio, which highlights examples of your mobile design work.
Meet Some of Evernote's Employees
Senior Engineering Manager
Jared leads the Growth Engineering Team, building out the data, communications, and payment systems to help users get the most value out of Evernote.
Back to top