User Experience (UX) Designer
UX Researcher/Designer: Platform Team
EVERFI is the leading education technology company that provides learners of all ages education for the real world, through innovative and scalable digital learning. Founded in 2008, EVERFI is fueled by its Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) subscription model and has certified over 16 million learners in critical skill areas. Some of America’s leading CEOs and venture capital firms are EVERFI investors including Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos, Google Chairman Eric Schmidt, Twitter founder Evan Williams, TPG Growth, and The Rise Fund. The EVERFI Education Network powers thousands of partners in their education initiatives, such as The White House, NFL and MLB, Pharrell Williams, and many more. Our team consists of passionate employees across the US and Canada who thrive in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
Our team focuses on developing and improving the digital learning platform used by training administrators, not the learning experiences themselves. Successful UX Researcher/Designers in our team have a firm grasp on what the features need to accomplish for the product, and what the product needs to accomplish for the business. We work on complex, web-based, learning management tools which require our UX designers to have significant system design skills. This position sits in the Platform Team, within Engineering; for us, “design is how it works”.
We are a very collaborative team where UX Researcher/Designers, Visual Designers, Product Managers and Business Analysts work together closely to explore the problem space, iterate solutions, and focus on creating value for the company in multiple products, across several markets. We value consistent contributors who strive to have a real impact. That said, we also have a lot of fun together, and appreciate and value each other as people.
This is NOT a remote opportunity. Our Walnut Creek office is 100 yards from the Contra Costa Bart station and is an easy commute from just about anywhere in the East Bay.
What you’ll be doing:
- Documented, as well as informally gathered understanding of our software architecture and existing application features
- Comparative analysis of competitive product offerings as well as EVERFI legacy products
- Needs of internal stakeholders as well as customers
- Data about current feature usage and platform adoption
- Knowledge conventions and patterns within enterprise software
are consistently detailed, well considered, and highly coherent analyses and prototypes that incorporate best practices of human factors/HCI, including:
- Quantitative and qualitative research which provides actionable insights
- Information architecture
- Interaction and navigation design
- Technical writing
- Design planning for iterative feature development
- Final deliverables
Common tasks include:
- Planning and executing research projects such as usability testing, customer interviews, and customer advisory boards
- Creating feature lists
- Framing design decisions in terms of cost/benefit and presenting multiple possibilities, with suggested criteria for assessment
- Creating user/task flow diagrams
- Mapping and documenting functional dependencies within and across features
- Setting agendas and leading and participating in design sessions
- Creating prototypes for testing and communicating product designs
- Micro-copy writing for an American audience
- Answering questions about newly designed/developed features, as well as designing and delivering formal training for development, QA, and support communities.
- 5+ years in designing complex, web-based applications (preferably in B2B enterprise)
- A portfolio of work that illustrates your mastery of the concepts and practices described above (IMPORTANT: Candidates who don’t include a portfolio link will not be considered.)
- Previous coding experience
- Previous experience in EdTech space
- Good understanding of the SaaS business model
- Data science, visualization or statistics
- Competitive base salary, 401k match, and equity plan
- Health, dental, & vision coverage
- Flexible paid time off program
- Opportunity to work with talented people who also have fun in the workplace
- Casual work environment
- Reverse commute from San Francisco, Oakland & the East Bay, as well as Marin
- Walking distance (across the street) from Contra Costa/Pleasant Hill BART
EVERFI appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. It is EVERFI policy to provide equal opportunity for employment to all qualified employees and applicants, regardless of race, religion, religious affiliation, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, placement, training, transfer, promotion, termination, pay, and other forms of compensation and benefits. EVERFI will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals
Meet Some of EVERFI's Employees
Alex works in EVERFI's financial education sector. She works with banks, credit unions, and other financial institutions in helping to provide customers with digital financial education.
Back to top