Senior Vice President of Sales, Financial Education
EVERFI, Inc. is the leading education technology company that provides learners of all ages education for the real world, through innovative and scalable digital learning. Founded in 2008, EVERFI is fueled by its Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) subscription model and has certified over 16 million learners in critical skill areas. Some of America’s leading CEOs and venture capital firms are EVERFI investors including Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos, Google Chairman Eric Schmidt, Twitter founder Evan Williams, TPG Growth, and The Rise Fund. The EVERFI Education Network powers thousands of partners in their education initiatives, such as The White House, NFL and MLB, Pharrell Williams, and many more. Our team consists of passionate employees across the US and Canada who thrive in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
EVERFI is seeking an exceptional Senior Vice President of Sales for our Financial Education business vertical. The SVP of Sales is responsible for leading the sales team strategy, structure, and processes to help drive revenue growth. This position reports to the President of Financial Education and will directly manage sales leadership.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Assess, define and implement a world-class SaaS sales organization structure.
- Coach, mentor, manage and lead VPs of Sales who each have their own team of reps.
- Oversee and manage all sales initiatives. Track pipeline, achieve and exceed agreed upon revenue targets.
- Develop and administer sales programs, including proactively identifying program elements that build awareness, generate qualified leads, generate incremental growth, drive customer satisfaction and loyalty, and maximize impact. Collaborate with team leadership to execute.
- Establish meaningful relationships with executive leaders and other stakeholders within the sales, marketing and customer success organization.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales operations, customer success and product leaders to ensure optimal support of sales activity.
- Plan and manage the team resources, ensuring they are efficiently deployed to support a broad range of customers across multiple segments.
- Exceed high-growth revenue targets for a $50M+ business line.
- Participate in industry events/organizations as a thought leader and promote products/business solutions at conferences, forums and seminars.
- Operate within expense and program budgets.
Desired skills, experience, and qualifications:
- We are seeking world-class candidates with proven success in building and scaling SaaS Sales teams preferably in the Financial Services or Education Technology space with 12+ years sales leadership experience. Experience managing sales leadership preferred.
- Strong track record of working collaboratively with internal and external parties across all the company to drive collective success. Proven to have built key relationships, managed and mentored a world-class sales team.
- Proven coach of sales leaders and account executives. Demonstrated ability to grow inexperienced closers into quota exceeders and develop sales management. Candidate has successfully built and led a team of quota exceeders. This is a leader who understand her/his role is to coach to close, not to actually own to close. Can adeptly coach AEs through objection handling. Understands the tripping points at the bottom of the funnel. Can point to experience coaching through a deal after the client says “yes” (e.g. board approval, procurement).
- Proven ability to drive process (activities, pipeline management, forecasting). Experience is rooted in understanding sales is about process (e.g. activities lead to closes.) and can easily talk to how an average week should be structured. The leader has a proven track record of and desire to run a data-driven business.
- Proven track record of driving 25M+ growth businesses 50%+ year-over-year.
- Cultural fit: You understand this is a nimble growth business environment. You are collaborative. You are flexible. You are able to test, re-boot, and always look at data to re-pivot as needed. You are persistent, but positive. You are an executor. You have a High EQ and IQ.
- Selling on value is native to the right candidate.
- Demonstrates forward-thinking approaches to selling techniques in a rapidly changing environment
- You also appreciate a business built by founders who believe there are elements of sales that you cannot learn from a textbook, but rather appreciate that relationships matter and certain tactics have proven themselves time and time again. It is important to preserve some of the sales culture that has always made this organization great.
- Proven leadership skills in program/project management and ability to develop and manage a budget
- Excellent skills in complex problem solving, project management, change management, & group process. Must exhibit efficiency, collaboration, candor, openness, & results orientation
- Experience with Salesforce and other sales related solutions is a must.
- Competitive base salary + commission & equity plan
- Health, dental, & vision coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- 401(k) program
- Opportunity to work with talented people who also have fun in the workplace
- Casual work environment
- Great office location in Georgetown, DC
EVERFI appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. It is EVERFI policy to provide equal opportunity for employment to all qualified employees and applicants, regardless of race, religion, religious affiliation, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, placement, training, transfer, promotion, termination, pay, and other forms of compensation and benefits. EVERFI will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Back to top