EVERFI, Inc. is the leading education technology company that provides learners of all ages education for the real world, through innovative and scalable digital learning. Founded in 2008, EVERFI is fueled by its Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) subscription model and has certified over 16 million learners in critical skill areas. Some of America’s leading CEOs and venture capital firms are EVERFI investors including Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos, Google Chairman Eric Schmidt, Twitter founder Evan Williams, TPG Growth, and The Rise Fund. The EVERFI Education Network powers thousands of partners in their education initiatives, such as The White House, NFL and MLB, Pharrell Williams, and many more. Our team consists of passionate employees across the US and Canada who thrive in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
EVERFI is seeking an experienced Director of Accessibility located in Washington, DC. This individual will be responsible for leading and managing the accessibility and compliance functions within EVERFIs Product team. The position is responsible for ensuring that EVERFI’s learning courses and platform are compliant.
- Work with leadership to launch and manage the development, adoption, and enforcement of accessibility compliance policies, procedures, and standards
- Collaborate with internal teams for compliance and training such as Product, Engineering, Design, and QA
- Teach and embed Accessibility best practices into design, development and testing teams
- Assess digital learning content and platform for accessibility compliance according to WCAG 2.0 and Section 508.
- Write detailed reports of reviewed products indicating accessibility problems and recommended modifications; complete VPATs as needed
- Meet with and provide engineering team with recommended solutions on how to remediate accessibility issues using code
- Must be able to understand and explain WCAG 2.0 and Section 508 terminology used by developers, testers and managers
- Keep abreast of technology changes and guideline/specification development
- Represent EVERFI in business development conversations and speak at industry events including conferences and meet-ups as needed
- Produce articles and white papers and represent EVERFI on social media and blogs in promoting our accessibility expertise
- 5 or more years of digital accessibility experience in a SaaS environment
- Expert knowledge of WCAG 2.0 and Section 508
- Expert knowledge of assistive technologies, such as JAWS and NVDA
- Proven track record of teaching and embedding best practice accessibility processes into design, development and testing teams
- Experience writing accessibility requirements for customer-facing applications and user interfaces
- Experience overseeing development milestones, project timeline, budget and go-to-market activities
Exceptional cross-organization collaboration and communication skills
- A self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced, agile environment
- BA from a top institution required; MBA preferred
- Competitive base salary, 401k match, & equity plan
- Health, dental, & vision coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- Opportunity to work with talented people who also have fun in the workplace
- Casual work environment
- Convenient office location in the heart of downtown Georgetown
EVERFI appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. It is EVERFI policy to provide equal opportunity for employment to all qualified employees and applicants, regardless of race, religion, religious affiliation, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, placement, training, transfer, promotion, termination, pay, and other forms of compensation and benefits. EVERFI will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Meet Some of EVERFI's Employees
Alex works in EVERFI's financial education sector. She works with banks, credit unions, and other financial institutions in helping to provide customers with digital financial education.
Back to top